Wiring Domestic Or Int From My Bangkok Bank Account

Wiring Domestic or Int from my Bangkok Bank Account

Has anyone got any experience for sending money from Bangkok Bank when they are OUTSIDE Thailand ?

I need to do either a domestic Thai wire or SWIFT wire out of Thailand from my account.

The country I'm in does not have an overseas branch here

You can certainly do a domestic transfer if you have internet banking. But I am pretty sure  for SWIFT transfers you have to fill in paperwork.
Bangkok Bank's internet banking service does include an overseas telegraphic transfer capability.  You can specify up to 3 overseas accounts to transfer funds to.  The initial setup must be done in person at a Bangkok Bank branch and in addition to the normal identification requirements (passport), you must also provide evidence that your transfers will fall into one of the following categories:

1. Salary of a foreigner working in Thailand (work permit, letter from employer stating compensation),

2. Education expenses of Thai relative studying overseas (tuition invoice),

3. Transfer to a Thai relative residing permanently overseas (proof of overseas residence status).

This evidence needs to be re-submitted each year in December (re-submission can be done by fax) or the overseas transfer capability will be disabled.  More detailed information is available at the Bualuang iBanking website.

Edited by KamnanT

UPDATE on this post. Anyone wanting to set up iBanking better do it before they leave Thailand. As I did not....It looks like I can do a domestic wire transfer over the phone luckily just with my bank card and PIN.

Here is the reply I got from Bangkok Bank banking services.....

Dear Sirs,

We are pleased to have known that you’re interesting Bualuang iBanking. However, we are sorry that you could not apply this service from abroad. An application for iBanking service needs to be submitted at any of our branches in Thailand.

Meanwhile submission via facsimile, postal service, e-mail or by a proxy cannot be considered. This is due to the Bank's concern for customer security and other obligations relating to the contract document which require us to witness your signature.

An alternative way with your ATM card number and PIN, you are also able to perform financial transactions via Bualuang Phone at Tel. (66) 0-2645-5555 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

An alternative way is applying by ATM machine to get User ID and PIN at spot

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can also contact our phone banking center at +66-2645-5555 (from the overseas) or 1333 (from within Thailand), a 24/7 service to acquire more information. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Web operations