Sausages

sunholidaysun1

Seeing as sausages are limited in The Rai , I thought I would conduct my own taste test.

I have bought sausages from Makro, Big C, Dons , Sausage King, Tops, Northern Farms and a few farang restaurants where I have eaten breakfast.

I have rated Dons English breakfast sausages and Chipolatas as the Best in Chiang Rai , purely as they were the most authentic in looks , colour , fry ability and most importantly Taste.

2nd was Coconut bar ,who make their own.

3rd. Lamyai Bistro , they also make their own

4th. Northern Farms beef and pork good.

5th . Makro's pork sausages when they have them

6th Sausage King , not a bad effort but fall short of the mark in taste .

7th. Tops , a variety of different sausages , some with Garlic, cheese etc. Not exactly a British sausage but tasty all the same.

8th . Chiang Rai market sausages, lol :D

My wife buys the local sausages that wrapped in what looks like banana leafes and strings. She slice them 8-10 mm thick and fry them in fresh oil. They do not look that good but are really tasty and I eat them with this sweet&spicy sauce that normally goes to BBQ chicken. I think the sausages are made from pork.

Now and then I buy the viener sausage in Big C made by TGM. They are really good and even look good but very expensive.

:huh::):(

Interesting taste test, it shows how people differ in what they like.

2 and 3 I haven't tried.

Sausage Kings Breakfast I would put number 1, I would put some of the TGM and Don's equal second.

Macro and Northern Farm next.

What I like about SK is he doesn't par boil them.