Are You From The Us?

Thomas_Merton

The American Red Cross has announced it needs 40,000 extra volunteers to help deal with the "unprecedented impact and scope" of Hurricane Katrina.

When nasty or hard work is needed in Thailand, they turn to Burmese workers. Why can't the Red Cross round up all the Mexicans to help?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it's all said and done, a lot more will have been said than done.

He just can't keep it in his pants. He's got a chubby for the US. According to CNN and Rueters The Red Cross needs to rotate 36,000 people out of the katrina disaster because their volunteer time is up. They need new people to fill the upcoming vacant positions. The arenot asking for an additional number of volunteers on top of the present crew. Come on Merton tighten up and get your sh*t squared away. No one wants to see you get sloppy or fall apart.

The American Red Cross has announced it needs 40,000 extra volunteers to help deal with the "unprecedented impact and scope" of Hurricane Katrina.

When nasty or hard work is needed in Thailand, they turn to Burmese workers. Why can't the Red Cross round up all the Mexicans to help?

This about the forth or fifth racist remark I've read about Mexicans on this website from you "farangs". One would think that this website would not allow this kind of racism and insenitivity, but then again would you expect from white people when the majoirty of you are racist, rude, arrogant & classless.

...and oh yes, Mexicans, Blacks, Asians, Whites, men, women, children, all of us Americans are putting hours of hard work to help our fellow man, woman, & child in the damage area. We are also thankful for the help from around the world. You would think in times like this one would find their humanity.

This about the forth or fifth racist remark I've read about Mexicans on this website from you "farangs". One would think that this website would not allow this kind of racism and insenitivity, but then again would you expect from white people when the majoirty of you are racist, rude, arrogant & classless.

Chill out man :o

In one week's time the Chao Praya will reportedly be close to bursting its banks due to the run-off from 3 feet of rain Thailand experienced yesterday.

Sand bags are being laid in preparation.

How about we lay off Katrina, which has no direct relevance to us whatsoever, and merely encourages some American members to argue about their favourite topic - America - and concentrate instead on similar issues affecting Thailand !

Edited by The_Moog

TM is just wants to stir people and doesn't know how to communicate any other way. I'm beginning to think that he and GS are the same person. No sense of direction and nothing really to contribute. Of course GS can get a laugh but too bad it's at him instead of with him.

Tm = Thomas Merton

GS = Make your own conclusion, as I think at times he's getting better :o

In one week's time the Chao Praya will reportedly be close to bursting its banks due to the run-off from 3 feet of rain Thailand experienced yesterday.

Sand bags are being laid in preparation.

How about we lay off Katrina, which has no direct relevance to us whatsoever, and merely encourages some American members to argue about their favourite topic - America - and concentrate instead on similar issues affecting Thailand !

Where?

Who?

:o:D:D

Chill out man :D

Im mexican and i didnt find it offensive . hmmmm :o

Chill out man :D

Im mexican and i didnt find it offensive . hmmmm :o

.....and apparently I found the comment racist & demeaning...... Everybody has their own views. So is your comment meant to top my mine? Is it meant to one up me?.....I respect your opinion, you have a right to your's, and I have to right to mine. I said my piece, and that's it, I'm whistling too my latino brother.

Kind of reminds of the old joke about the fisherman & the two buckets of crabs. A guy walking by asked the fisherman, why there is a lid on only one of the buckets, and not the other bucket? The fisherman replies, "oh that's because the one without the lid is filled with Mexican crabs, as soon as one of them gets half way out, the others drag him back down".