Iphone Charger

Longbow212

Posted two separate almost identical items to Thailand at the same time. One is a card and gets through fine, the other an iphone usb lead which goes "missing"....Looking for the cheapest place to buy an iphone charger, MBK and pantip charge several hundred baht for a cheap chinese copy that falls apart after 5 mins.Does anyone know of somewhere that sells a real charger at a decent price? Thinking fortune town might be worth a try.Thanks

buy an iphone charger

You dont need an iPhone charger. It's just another example of Apple trying to extract more money from you for nothing, something they are extremely good at.

All you need is a bog-standard USB charger such as you would buy for any MP3 player or smartphone, and a suitable USB=iPhone/iPod lead which you probably have anyway.

The multiple charger that I bought recently for under 200B came with all the necessary interchangeable leads/plugs, including the Apple one. I saw similar ones in 7/11 the other day.

Hi,

The Apple Reseller in Fortune [on 2/3rd floor at back , I think its called istudio] has real Apple Gear [Just bought an Apple brand Displayport to VGA adaptor there] for ok prices [1000BHt]. Apple stuff is very expensive but you have to pay for quality. Alternatively , You can go to the Apple Store online and check out all the options there [ http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone/iphone_accessories/power ] . Once you see something you like you can shop around a legit store here in Bangkok [Powermall etc.... ] to buy it local. Problem with buying generic Apple gear [= Chinese made generic] is that it often interferes with your iphone (and can even fry) and Apple pops a message to you on the phone warning you its not compatible. The message is hard to get rid off once it starts.

True also should have this accessory at their stores [ http://www.truemove.com/iphone/en/support.html ] although I'm not 100%.

Rgds,

N

buy an iphone charger

You dont need an iPhone charger. It's just another example of Apple trying to extract more money from you for nothing, something they are extremely good at.

All you need is a bog-standard USB charger such as you would buy for any MP3 player or smartphone, and a suitable USB=iPhone/iPod lead which you probably have anyway.

The multiple charger that I bought recently for under 200B came with all the necessary interchangeable leads/plugs, including the Apple one. I saw similar ones in 7/11 the other day.

My 200B USB charger last 4 weeks...then it blew up. Very luck it didn't ruin my iPod!!!! So, I went to the Apple store and bought a real one. 2 years later, still working fine.

Maybe you were unlucky. My 200B charger is 3 months old and going strong.

And do you seriously imagine that the Apple ones arent made in exactly the same chinese sweatshops? You just pay extra for the label and the fancy box.