Duty Free Cigarettes - Thailand Or Doha?

MaiDong

I haven't actually had a fag for 5 weeks but I know on my visit to the UK I'll be meeting with lots of friends and drinking some fine ales, hence the need for fags! I don't want to fall into my own delusional trap of saying I WON'T SMOKE whilst there and end up paying £5.50 for 20, I'd much prefer to save myself a few quid, where should I buy though? I want Marlboro Lights, they'd cost me approx. B650 for 200 in BKK, how much would they cost me in Doha duty free? And with a 1hr 10 min stop-over in doha, would I have time to pop into the duty free shop? Haven't been there for a good few years so I can't remember the airports layout...

Any 'help' would be appreciated :)

MD

Yes, it's still an allowance of 200 from outside the EU.

There is a duty free shop at LHR T3 just after you have passed through customs (which seems a bit odd; shouldn't it be before?) but buying them there or on the plane will be more expensive than either Doha or BKK.

From memory, they are a little bit cheaper at Doha, but the last time we flew with Qatar our flight from BKK was delayed and we were rushed through to our connecting flight. It may be better to buy them at BKK while you have plenty of time.

Buy them in Doha for a little less...but better quality.

If you do buy in Bangkok get them before you go to the airport.

The King Power shop has a sign saying 'We've run out'....for the last four years! :unsure::blink::lol:

Yeah i always wondered what the story was there. Dont think they have ever stocked Marlboro Lights since Swampy opened.

The King Power shop has a sign saying 'We've run out'....for the last four years! :unsure::blink::lol:

Think I'll get a sleeve of 200 for 'the wife' from bkk and 200 for me from doha ;)

Thanks for the advice!

Think I'll get a sleeve of 200 for 'the wife' from bkk and 200 for me from doha ;)

Thanks for the advice!

When we flew out in December, there was no where selling Marlboro's in

Bangkok duty free, so probably best to buy in Doha

King Power seem to have fallen out with Philip Morris and you won't find any of their products at BKK. You will however find BAT products ie Benson and Hedges, that you can no longer get in the rest of Thailand............