Khao Ko

Awohalitsiktoli

I live in Bangkok and Pattaya but am tired of the constant hot weather. Somebody told me about Khao Ko (spelling?) in Petchaboon and said the weather was nice/cool year round.

If you have info., please let me know: weather, many farangs living there, cost of living, internet access, can you buy a house there (prices), etc.

Thanks.

I know the area and there are many threads about it you should read. Do a search on "Khoa Khor"

It is cooler yes particularly at night. Well know and visited by many Thais in holiday periods.

land is not easy to get as paperwork is often a little suspect or missing.

If present and correct you are going to pay a premium for it.

I would suggest coming up and looking for yourself. Phetchabun Town and surrounding areas within 10 - 15 minutes drive of Khao Khor are in my opinion better and alot cheaper and you can have all the usual connections etc. without problems and some large stores such as Tesco, Big C etc. NO night-life as such, if you want that this is not the place to be.few restaurants etc

Golf course nearby if thats your thing.

BUT Phetchabun itself I think is one of the hottest areas in Thailand nestled between two mountain ranges.

Come look for yourself is best

top weather top views.not many farang around but about 100 in petchabun which is about 25 minutes away.only around khoa kor town and camp son do you have land with proper titles.can get a bit lonley so bring a partner, internet, sattelite tv, is all avaliable.lived in pattaya of and on for 20 years but could not stay out of trouble(girly bars)no problem here.if you enjoy quiet peaceful, beautiful secenery,cheap living in magical climate and do not mind driving 25 minutes to have western contact i would highly recomend khao kor for consideration.lived in many parts of thailand and this has to be the best if you can handle the above

I use this site for met info on Phetchabun.

In the moutains cool yes, on the central plains, very hot - March to May.

Here

Bugger got it wrong yet again the 34c bit. Now read 36c and it's not April for another 5 week's. Air Con: that's the thing.

I just drove to Khao Koh today and had a look. It actually was a bit cool up there. It must be very cool/cold in December and January. The area is really spread out w/ lots of spectacular views of mountains and valleys. I wish it was closer to Phetchaboon, but you can't have everything and there is a public taxi that goes back and forth each day. I did not spend enough time there, but did manage to talk with a few farangs. You really need a truck to live there and a nice wife :) I think it might be boring for some people (me included). But the farangs do go to Phetchaboon and Bangkok and Pattaya when they get bored. I was warned about buying property. You need a good lawyer to check out everything before you make a move, apparently. I really liked the views and weather, but I am just not sure about the boredom factor.