Strange Sky Over Ole Chiang Mai

Gonzo the Face

You're probably right about the pollution but I was checking it out too. The sky this evening reminded me of how it often looks during or rather just before a tornado in parts of the US.

I also noticed the sunrise this morning that seemed really surreal. I was actually really pretty.

Yes it (also) has to with coming rain. We have an invasion of flying termites at the moment,(Saraphi) windows closed and lights out. They come through the smallest holes.

I've got them right at the moment. Got 4 geckos on one of the mozzie screens. I'm turning the lights on and off outside and in, geckos are having a feast! Need to keep them well fed for the coming rainy season. Don't want any mozzies in my house!

I was pointing the sky out to some locals and they remarked that it's the season of ant eggs. They must be right... the markets are loaded with them now. Time to make a snappy omelet. (Only those that have ever had an ant egg omelet will know what I am talking about!)

I noticed it also and took a picture of the pond outside my window. It was a lovely golden light. It was very warm and humid today as well. I've had the fan on all day and night.

those small termites have been out every evening for the past week, and I agree that they can get through my screens. But it's too hot out to close the windows. I"m not even sure if the air con works in my room.

Yepper too many dam_n termites flying around for sure..... First night for the AC for me so that I can seal up the bedroom tight, not enough geckos to eat hem all.... annoyed.gif

Post the pic(s) Ian I would really like to see. I wanted to take some but was in the car, didn't have my digital with me and my phone camera wouldn't have done it justice.

Honestly I think that over the past 4-6 months I have seen more red ants then I've ever noticed before nesting in the trees around the neighborhood. Perhaps that's an explanation for all the eggs being sold.... I've never had them in an omelet but have had them in soup and fried with ground pork.

Yes it (also) has to with coming rain. We have an invasion of flying termites at the moment,(Saraphi) windows closed and lights out. They come through the smallest holes.

Same situation in Sansai/Mae Jo area. I was outside checking out the sky and didn't realize the side screen door was open. There is at least a couple thousand of those insects that got inside.

this is the pond outside my apartment window tonight...

Pond_Em.jpg

This is what it normally looks like about the same time of day

Apt_view_2.jpg

Unfortunately, they are filling in the pond for some sort of developement. When that happens I'm going to move to another place.

This is what it looks like at the end of March during most years before rainy season fills it again. It's always been a source of photos for me.

Dry_pond_003.jpg

red sky at night Sheppards delight! I was hoping it would rain - save watering but... alas...

Red Sky at night sailors delight.

Red Sky in the morning sailor take warning.

no red sky this morning - so Sheppards and Sailors should be ok today whistling.gif

red sky at night Sheppards delight! I was hoping it would rain - save watering but... alas...

Red Sky at night sailors delight.

Red Sky in the morning sailor take warning.

no red sky this morning - so Sheppards and Sailors should be ok today whistling.gif

Yup, and there was a REAL strong wind last night starting about 1:30. I was almost blown off my bike a few times when coming home at 3 AM. It was okay along the sois where you are protected from the wind, but the wind along main roads and highways was very strong.

What a day! Took off on an early morning run on the motorcycle. We were cold heading out of town, mid-day was rather hot up north, but on the way back a huge cloud loomed south of us. We hit high winds in the face between Mae Taeng and Mae Rim and the temperature dropped dramatically. Then....light rain all the way from Mae Rim to Chiang Mai with occasional thunder and we got wet. Cold, hot, wind, wet, cold again!

Pond_Em.jpg

Unfortunately, they are filling in the pond for some sort of developement. When that happens I'm going to move to another place.

This is what it looks like at the end of March during most years before rainy season fills it again. It's always been a source of photos for me.

last time i saw a sky like that Flash Gordon was coming

Pond_Em.jpg

Apt_view_2.jpg

Dry_pond_003.jpg

Lools nice Forbsie! Let's hope they go bust before they develop!