Retired At 50

ThaiPauly

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ThaiPauly,

When talking taxes, offshore, etc. A lot depends on where your home country is. US is among the cruelist. Go live overseas for the rest of your life, and you are still expected to file every year.

Reading on expat taxes I learned that it is illegal to renounce your citizenship (American) to avoid paying taxes.  :o

SoCal

I beleive that we Brits get better tax breaks if we live overseas than you do.Personally I still have to file a tax return every year, but we dont have to declare any overseas income, (if I had any) when I ran my business in the UK , although I was drawing a Salary because I lived here for 9 months of the year I paid NO TAX on my earnings and no tax or National Insurance Contributions when I sold it, that was worth an extra $300,000!!!

God Save The Queen

I beleive that we Brits get better tax breaks if we live overseas than you do.Personally I  still have to file a tax return every year, but we dont have to declare  any overseas income, (if I had any) when I ran my business in the UK , although I was drawing a Salary because I lived here for 9 months of the year I paid NO TAX on my earnings and no tax or National Insurance Contributions when I sold it, that was worth an extra $300,000!!!

God Save The Queen

don't speak too loud, the IR are checking on you NOW :o