Checking The Data Transfer By Using The Stats-Option Of My Router

Yaroon79

Greetings,...

I recently moved, changed ISP to 3BB and it all works well. Me and my housemates are quite downloadfreaks and it makes me curious how much we download all together.

Its been said that 3BB is unlimited, but i believe that even unlimited service has its limit and i want to have a look how much we download at the end of the month. Usually i would use a simple program like DU meter or one of the many available to keep track of how much datatransfer has taken place. However, asking this from my housemates with 0 knowlegde of anything other than downloading movies/music/browsing is a big thing.

As stated in the TD, i have a DLink ADSL router with some options in the config including "statistics", but this tells me something that has to be wrong, see attached pic...

zwk.png

According to this i have downloaded something like 1.6gb, which actually should be 20gb by now looking at my own consumption only... does anyone has a clue why these figures are wrong? im using this router for more than 2 or 3 weeks now and i haven't shut it down for at least 1.5 week nor did a reset.

Hoping to find an answer here :) thx in advance

Edited by Yaroon79

Most ISPs re-issue IP addresses every 24 hours, so this would reset the counter in the router. You can look at the log; the DSL-2640BT has extensive logging options, so you can clearly see when the IP address is reset. It's a decent router but it still has major connectivity issues with TOT, even after several custom firmware releases. I've removed it from several TOT installs.

Most ISPs re-issue IP addresses every 24 hours, so this would reset the counter in the router. You can look at the log; the DSL-2640BT has extensive logging options, so you can clearly see when the IP address is reset. It's a decent router but it still has major connectivity issues with TOT, even after several custom firmware releases. I've removed it from several TOT installs.

This solves the question...

I know about the issue, when i was in the shop to buy a router (after trying to get a 3BB router which i couldnt, several days after getting the connection as they don't sell these simple ones and only wireless ADSL ones for a high price) i checked on my smartphone what reviews this DLINK had. Only saw issues with TOT but with 3BB no problems.

THx for the input