~250Cc Group Rides From Bkk?

ttakata

So I've been in BKK 1.5 years now and would like to ride and see more outside of BKK.

Although I have 10 years experience biking including track time on bigbikes, I now have a 250cc DTracker.

I actually love my DTX (except the seat) but I'm getting bored of running at BRC and I know a 250 is too slow to run at Bira or go on rides with the Secret Soi crew.

I see tons of tech related posts on the DTX250, Ninja250, Tiger 250, and CBR 250 here; but not much on people riding them in groups.

Any experienced 250cc owners wanna do some runs outside of BKK?

Daytrips, overnights, border runs, whatever.

As long as there are twisty roads I wanna go.

It would be fun and safer to ride with other bikes of similar performance.

I'm near the OnNut BTS and pretty much free to ride any day of the week.

PM or reply if you're interested.

-Ted

Edited by ttakata

You just missed a two day ride that Billd and I undertook to Umphang....maybe in a few more months I'll be up to another.

Especially if you ditch the ballast (including its mobile phone).

I had a great time.

Unfortunately Ted, I live in Central near Khampaeng Phet so I would have to go down and meet you or the other way around.

I'm up - bike's an NSR 150sp if that's ok wit ya! It's got better power-to-weight & handling than the locally available 250s, can sustain good-but-sane-for-Thailand speed in the straights, and I can personally maintain corner speed w/o problem... Used to ride the track in Cali USoA on a Ducati superbike.

Just drop me a line for day rides or a few days' worth in fairly short notice - longer rides would require more advance notice for schedule planning, but sound great.

Hey Bro,

As a Kawasaki owner I'm surprised I haven't seen you on any of the Kawasaki sponsored trips.

They generally organize at least one ride a month, and often more.

The overnight camping trip to Palau a few months ago was fantastic and is was a nice mix of bikes-

41.jpg

Here's a pic from a recent D-Tracker / KLX trip to Rayong:

50.jpg

If you want to know about upcoming Kawasaki sponsored rides just ask the sales staff at Kawasaki Rama 9.

In addition to Kawasaki sponsored trips there are TONS of other 250cc trips organized via dedicated 250cc forums such as dtrackerthailand dot com and Ninja 250 Thailand dot com:

kaoyai.jpg

Sometimes the trips are organized for specific models of bikes, but often anyone is welcome and you end up with an interesting mix of bikes-

112710LomSakBikes2SSR.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

I'm sure that I will soon will be testing a Lifan LF250-19, which is a nakedbike with a V-twin 250cc engine. I'm sure I can get some sponsors for a trip which includes some of the, in Thailand available, 250cc motorcycles.

The Lifan LF250-19 is basically, a retro design bike, with all the modern aspects of a motorcycle of today. I was told that the Lifan V-twin powered LF250-19 will be positioned at a very competitive price level.

Like everybody else I cannot tell or say anything about the new Lifan LF250-19, but I would like to share the riding experiences with other 250cc riders to give and share the riding experiences of the LF250-19 in a epic ride.... destination is not important...

post-12170-0-50063700-1299161614_thumb.j

I'm sure that I will soon will be testing a Lifan LF250-19, which is a nakedbike with a V-twin 250cc engine. I'm sure I can get some sponsors for a trip which includes some of the, in Thailand available, 250cc motorcycles.

The Lifan LF250-19 is basically, a retro design bike, with all the modern aspects of a motorcycle of today. I was told that the Lifan V-twin powered LF250-19 will be positioned at a very competitive price level.

Like everybody else I cannot tell or say anything about the new Lifan LF250-19, but I would like to share the riding experiences with other 250cc riders to give and share the riding experiences of the LF250-19 in a epic ride.... destination is not important...

That's a looker... but the white and black stripes on the rear look out of place... Got any more photos?

Red21, actually, no, Lifan doesn't trust us that much. We leaked some sensitive pictures of a motorcycle model before (completely without intent), so we now have not even have the pleasure of the rights to disclose some really good looking snap shots.

If I was a motorcycle manufacturer in the 250cc market, trying to sell a single cylinder 250cc class motorcycle I would be very worried about the marketing position. As the Lifan LF250-19 will out perform on torque all single cylinder 250cc class motorcycles. And will be outperforming any 250cc motorcycle, which are not an sporty orientated motorcycle, on the pleasure of riding, and overall performance. If the rumors are right, I did not get any information from Lifan Thailand, the Lifan LF250-19 will cost about 70,000 THB (maybe less and maybe more)

Edited by Richard-BKK

I'd say the Lifan's entire tail - with stripes - looks out of place... like it is an evolutionary vestigial tail of a previous sportbike model. But if they sell them for about 70k, and they hold up well mechanically, there's not much to gripe about since that budget leaves some room for customization of some bits here n there.

Count me in on that ride - I need to get a closer look at that bike. Any reported schedule on its release? Previous Lifan bikes' mechanical/electrical/bits failing issues anyone could report?

Red21, actually, no, Lifan doesn't trust us that much. We leaked some sensitive pictures of a motorcycle model before (completely without intent), so we now have not even have the pleasure of the rights to disclose some really good looking snap shots.

If I was a motorcycle manufacturer in the 250cc market, trying to sell a single cylinder 250cc class motorcycle I would be very worried about the marketing position. As the Lifan LF250-19 will out perform on torque all single cylinder 250cc class motorcycles. And will be outperforming any 250cc motorcycle, which are not an sporty orientated motorcycle, on the pleasure of riding, and overall performance. If the rumors are right, I did not get any information from Lifan Thailand, the Lifan LF250-19 will cost about 70,000 THB (maybe less and maybe more)

That looks a very interesting machine in the photo so I will keep an eye on the thread in the future and await developments.

Hey guys, glad to hear there are other 250cc group riders here.

I shall be PM'ing you all soon.

Tony, thanks for the Thai based ride info.

They look big and fun, but I'm not fluent in Thai so that's why I haven't pursued them.

I've been to Kawi Rama9 and spoken to Mr.Chan there, but he's not fluent in English.

So we had a language barrier.

It's totally my fault not being fluent in Thai, I am taking language lessons.

So for now I'd rather just ride with those who speak English.

No sense in me riding and talking about riding with people I can't communicate with.

Richard, that Lifan looks sweet for the money, it's like a half price VTR250.

If you get a ride going, I'm in.

Good.. when?

Richard you always do this you come out with titbits of information but NO concrete details.. It is good but SO irritating B)

Sigh...will this actually come to fruition or will it be like your prediction that under absolutely no circumstances could Honda build a fuel injection CBR 150R?

Sigh...will this actually come to fruition or will it be like your prediction that under absolutely no circumstances could Honda build a fuel injection CBR 150R?

Or Richards classic quote saying that Kawasaki wasn't going to sell their 650cc twins in Thailand! :lol:

Or the one where he claimed the Yamaha R6 sold in Thailand is manufactured in India?! :ermm:

Or the one where he claimed Yoshimura exhausts are exempt from duty because they are manufactured in Japan?! :cheesy:

Good lord, one could go on and on and on and on! I'll give this for Richard- as long as you realize that 90% of what he posts is a joke, he's actually pretty funny! :clap2:

"Or the one where he claimed Yoshimura exhausts are exempt from duty because they are manufactured in Japan?!"

Soon to made here in Thailand by Tiger motors...http://www.tigersachsclub.com/news.html

Automotive (which includes motorcycle) parts manufactured in Japan and imported from Japan are included in the ASEAN-Japan free-trade agreement (FTA). Also Thailand and Japan signed a JTEPA (Ergonomic Partnership agreement) which also includes automotive products from both countries.

For Yoshimura I can remember that BigbikeBKK try to convince us that Yoshimura was a American company... Probably BigbikeBKK still thinks you cannot buy Suzuki big bike parts in Thailand also...

Anyway for the people who are interested in the upcoming Lifan LF250-19, you can find all information (currently available) here http://lifanthailand.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=88:lf250-19&catid=34:demo-category

For Yoshimura I can remember that BigbikeBKK try to convince us that Yoshimura was a American company...

ummm...but Yoshimura is (sort of) an American company.

http://en.wikipedia..../Pops_Yoshimura

the founder immigrated to Los Angeles and started Yoshimura R&D. Branches in both Japan and USA

http://www.yoshimura...story.aspx?v=co

American headquarters is in California

http://www.yoshimura...Contact_Us.aspx

the exhausts are actually made in Chino, CA

Edited by submaniac

For Yoshimura I can remember that BigbikeBKK try to convince us that Yoshimura was a American company...

ummm...but Yoshimura is (sort of) an American company.

http://en.wikipedia..../Pops_Yoshimura

the founder immigrated to Los Angeles and started Yoshimura R&D. Branches in both Japan and USA

http://www.yoshimura...story.aspx?v=co

American headquarters is in California

http://www.yoshimura...Contact_Us.aspx

the exhausts are actually made in Chino, CA

But sub, there's a Japanese name on their pipes so they MUST be made in Japan!!! :cheesy:

Mebbe Richard things French Toast is French? :rolleyes:

ROFLMFAO!!! :cheesy:

c'mon guys, give the guy a break....nobody is perfect and I'm sure he means wellsmile.gif

+1

I still like Richard. :)

I don't want to stoke any fires but both Tony and Richard are actually correct. Yoshimura R&D in the USA makes the pipes for big bikes. See this thread:

http://www.gsxr.com/...ead.php?t=78757

there's a picture of the "Made In USA" on the full system.

However, there is a Yoshimura Japan (just like there is a Ford Japan, Chevy Japan, etc.) that also has pipes for the Japanese bikes. Due to the licensing regulations of Japan (need a more difficult to obtain license for bikes above 400cc's) they don't have the "big" bikes that the USA has. Anything built for 400cc's and up in Japan is for "export" and to have one on the roads in Japan, a rider has to "import" the bike back into Japan. That's why the pipes for the 600 to 1000cc+ bikes are out of the USA. Yoshimura Japan has the pipes for the Japanese and Asian markets.

So both of you are right. The pipes for the big bikes would be from the USA, the smaller bikes (such as the PCX, etc.) are out of Japan.

Edited by submaniac

c'mon guys, give the guy a break....nobody is perfect and I'm sure he means wellsmile.gif

An occasional mistake or a typing fingers now and then getting ahead of brain engagement is more than understandable, but the sheer breadth of his errornous posts over the years dwarfs what should be allowed.

First the picture of the Yoshimura R-77 exhaust system says “Yoshimura Research and Development USA” it doesn't say “Made in USA”. I know it's a small detail, and very likely Yoshimura makes pipes in the USA, but just because it has a logo saying “ Yoshimura Research and Development USA” it doesn't have to be manufactured in the USA.

Fujio Yoshimura is president of Yoshimura Japan, the (USA) Research and Development is much lower in company diagram. http://www.yoshimura-jp.com/en/company/images/tree_zu_08_e-2.gif Fujio Yoshimura is also president of Yoshimura R&D. http://www.yoshimura-jp.com/en/index.html

Also trademark ownership is always a good indication, currently the name and trademark Yoshimura is registered to YOSHIMURA JAPAN CO., LTD.. The YOSHIMURA trademark registered to YOSHIMURA RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT OF AMERICA, INC. was canceled in 1999. Currently Yoshimura is a trademark registered to Yoshimura Japan Co. Ltd. Source: http://www.trademarkia.com/yoshimura-74185303.html

Edited by Richard-BKK

Or Richards classic quote saying that Kawasaki wasn't going to sell their 650cc twins in Thailand! :lol:

Or the one where he claimed the Yamaha R6 sold in Thailand is manufactured in India?! :ermm:

Or the one where he claimed Yoshimura exhausts are exempt from duty because they are manufactured in Japan?! :cheesy:

Good lord, one could go on and on and on and on! I'll give this for Richard- as long as you realize that 90% of what he posts is a joke, he's actually pretty funny! :clap2:

I believe that I said that the Thai Yamaha YZF-R1 was manufactured in India, not the YZF-R6.

According to the Indian Yamaha website, which says "India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd. operates from its state-of-the-art manufacturing units at Surajpur in Uttar Pradesh and Faridabad in Haryana and produces motorcycles for both domestic and export markets. With a strong workforce of more than 2,000 employees, IYM is highly customer-driven and has a countrywide network of over 400 dealers. Presently, its product portfolio includes VMAX (1,679cc), MT01 (1,670cc), YZF-R1 (998cc), FZ1(998cc), YZF-R15 (150cc), Fazer (153cc), FZ-S (153cc), FZ16 (153cc), SZ-R(153cc), SZ & SZ-X (153cc), SS125 (123cc), YBR 125 (123cc), YBR 110 (106cc) and Crux (106cc)." Source http://www.yamaha-motor-india.com/about/profile/index.html

They also manufacture the Yamaha FZ1, which is not available in India