New Toyota Vios

H2oDunc

I hired a Vios for a week for a customer last week and ended up with it for a day. It looks like several other makes of car and drives nice enough. My one fault with it was the dash lay out :o:blink: <deleted>!!!!

Just who on earth thought mounting the speedo and rev counter in the middle of the dash ? :o I found driving it very uncomfortable having to look away from the road to check the dials instead of just dropping my gaze as usual.

I would never buy one simply for this reason and apart from this it was a nice car.

Could do better Toyota !

I think toyota toyota have realised the mistake of putting the clocks in the middle, it was probably easier (cheaper) to build the car in that configuration.

Anyway, the new Yaris/Vios will have the clocks in the proper place ....on the drivers side!!

Drive safe

Chris

A few year back, when the origianl yaris had the infinity digital display mounted in the mid-dash, I had my reservations but on faith I gave it a try and after a week I actually found it great....... but with the analogue dials...... I dunno........ you would think its the same thing, but its not!

In my money, for more or less the same money, the Honda City is a much better buy. Internally, its far nicer - especially the range topping one....... and the dash layout is great, and looks nice too (for an economy car). It must be said however that I felt the ios "drives" nicer, despite having a 4 pseed versus a 5 speed box. It seemed smoother, less edgy, and just better...... can't put my finger on it.

All things consdiered however, if it were my money, I'd go for the City - as an all round package.

Not just me then ;)

You would think that this type of thing would have been brought up during the development stage by someone. Toyota are normally very hot on this type of thing. As said a nice car ruined by a stupid and in my opinion unsafe design flaw.