Samsung Galaxy Tab (7")

Wossnext

I have been playing around with my mates Samsung Galaxy Tab for a month now and I love it! I have read all the reviews out there and know just about everything there is to know about this model. The size is perfect, I actually do not want a 10" tablet, the Tab is sweet and the screen is stunning on it, it is everything I want in a gadget and I am ready to buy one.

I have watched it go from 22,900 to 18,900 and now with the new Tab 2 coming out in March I feel confident it will hit 15,900 soon, when it does I will pounce on it. I have noticed all the stores going advertising crazy trying desperately to get them sold at 18,900 before the new Tab hits the stores. If like me you are interested in getting one just wait a little while. Oh yeh, if you already know of a place to get this model (here in Bangkok) at a knockdown price, please share with me.

Edited by Wossnext

I just checked one out here in Singapore. They are pretty cool. Main attractor for me is I can modify/create MS Office files. They want about USD 750 here for, about the same as the ones going for THB 22,000+ in BKK. I'll need to get a "Man Purse" to lug it around though.

crazy people in Paradise (near Seacon) ... they dared to asked 21,900 ... in seacon, 500 meter further, the fixed price seem to be 18,900

after reading bad reviews I deceided not to buy one

overpriced compared to Ipad... camera = bad quality

you can call with it, but who in his right mind want to put that next to their ear ???

should have one model without 3g / camera for 5000 baht less, than I might be interested

the device is priced higher than a netbook or low budget laptop

crazy people in Paradise (near Seacon) ... they dared to asked 21,900 ... in seacon, 500 meter further, the fixed price seem to be 18,900

after reading bad reviews I deceided not to buy one

overpriced compared to Ipad... camera = bad quality

you can call with it, but who in his right mind want to put that next to their ear ???

should have one model without 3g / camera for 5000 baht less, than I might be interested

the device is priced higher than a netbook or low budget laptop

Yeh I know I read all that stuff too, seriously though I have used it extensively and the main camera is plenty good enough for the minor use I am sure it will get. As for putting it next to your ear, come on! what kind of dipstick would do that. The phone function is designed to be used with a bluetooth headset or a normal set of earphones with mic (included). Yeh you are right it is more expensive than a cheap netbook but if it comes down to a decent price I think it would be well worth having. I just want it for surfing the net, watching movies viewing and editing docs, reading books and playing some games.

I'm getting it this weekend, i think the cheapest is at MBK or any of the local stores (those that don't list the fees).. walk around a-bit you should find it at 17,900baht (sometimes 17,500baht).

Thanks for that but I am gonna wait just a bit longer, I really do believe they are gonna take a price dive shortly :)

I wouldn't be surprised if the predicted "Boom" in Android tablet sales, such as the much anticipated Motorola ZOOM, kind of fizzles out. It looks like production costs are turning out to be significantly higher than anticipated as the Zoom is hitting the market at US$800+. To make any significant inroads on I-Pad's domination of the market, other manufacturers are going to have to undercut it's price and it's looking like that might not happen.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In general it would help if everyone was very specific about the exact model they are looking for. In addition to screen size there is also the 3G option, and memory.

http://www.thaimobilecenter.com/catalog/Samsung.asp

It seems like the OP is looking for a Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000T? http://www.thaimobilecenter.com/spec/Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_P1000T.asp

If so, pricing is 13,900 - 14,900.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wife gave me one as a late birthday present. Any news on the official gingerbread update scheduled for this month?

Good news!

I started up my Galaxy Tab 7" with Kies about 90 minutes ago and the update started.

The result:

Build #:

GINGERBREAD.DXJP1

Kernel version:

Baseband version:

P1000DJJPE

post-54783-0-78178700-1312457616_thumb.j

post-54783-0-34607800-1312457626_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Wife gave me one as a late birthday present. Any news on the official gingerbread update scheduled for this month?

Good news!

I started up my Galaxy Tab 7" with Kies about 90 minutes ago and the update started.

The result:

Build #:

GINGERBREAD.DXJP1

Kernel version:

Baseband version:

P1000DJJPE

Yeah, I updated two weeks ago... :D I just forgot to post it here.

There's a noticeable increase in performance in terms of speed and power consumption.