Track Day At Bonanza Circuit, Khao Yai

bonanza-speed-way-plan%20%281%29.jpg

I'm so bummed I couldn't make it- friends who did said it was a blast! (though a bit dangerous as runouts not complete yet)

Here are a few picture from the track day-

In some places it looks like a tiger could jump out of the jungle and grab you!

_mg_6935.jpg

The switchback up the hill looks like FUN!

_mg_7011.jpg

_mg_7043.jpg

Another look at the hill climb-

_mg_7045.jpg

_mg_7050.jpg

Woohoo!

_mg_7074.jpg

Can't wait to hit this new track!

Happy Trails!

Tony

:huh::blink::unsure::o Scary stuff, not for the wisest of drivers to be driving on until properly finished as illustrated by the pace car for example, with red plates yet (assuming they will finally finish it properly of course) Oh!!!! I overlooked they're motorcycle riders, so that explains it :whistling: .................

Though it has potential, it's far from there yet...Hope it gets finished before someone gets killed or seriously injured :( ...

:huh::blink::unsure::o Scary stuff, not for the wisest of drivers to be driving on until properly finished as illustrated by the pace car for example, with red plates yet (assuming they will finally finish it properly of course) Oh!!!! I overlooked they're motorcycle riders, so that explains it :whistling: .................

Though it has potential, it's far from there yet...Hope it gets finished before someone gets killed or seriously injured :( ...

Funny, I thought most of us are adults who can decide for ourselves how hard we want to push it and what level of risk is acceptable.

Nobody is being forced to race and it's still a lot safer than your average Thai public road ;)

Happy Trails!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Funny, I thought most of us are adults who can decide for ourselves how hard we want to push it and what level of risk is acceptable.

Nobody is being forced to race and it's still a lot safer than your average Thai public road ;)

Happy Trails!

Tony

Yeah and not every adult has adult sensibilities either, just take a closer look around you where every one DOES do it on Thai roads regardless <_< ......

Edited by WarpSpeed

Great pictures Tony! Makes me want to ride there as soon as I'm back from work in 10 days. Hope I can tag along with you there, since I don't know the way.

Cheers,

Tom/CBR1k

Cheers Tom,

Drop me a line when you're back in town and we'll go hit it!

There's a Bonanza thread in the Track Day section of that "other" Thai bike forum I'm not allowed to mention here ;)

Ride On!

T

How much does it cost to ride? Is there a track day calendar?

Thanks

Bonanza Circuit is not finished yet and as such there is no official schedule that I know of.

At present folks are welcome to show up and ride the track for FREE assuming it's not being worked on (or you don't mind riding it while they're working on it and they don't mind you riding on it while they are working on it.) ;)

Bear in mind that there are NO facilities and that if you have a wreck you are on your own, so best to take it nice and easy and go with a friend or two.

Ride On!

T

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

• 1 year later...

huh.gifblink.gifunsure.gifohmy.gif Scary stuff, not for the wisest of drivers to be driving on until properly finished as illustrated by the pace car for example, with red plates yet (assuming they will finally finish it properly of course) Oh!!!! I overlooked they're motorcycle riders, so that explains it :whistling: .................

Though it has potential, it's far from there yet...Hope it gets finished before someone gets killed or seriously injured sad.gif ...

Nobody is being forced to race and it's still a lot safer than your average Thai public road wink.gif

Happy Trails!

Tony

Yeah and not every adult has adult sensibilities either, just take a closer look around you where every one DOES do it on Thai roads regardless dry.gif ......

And a lot of bigger bike owners are new to the bike and the track and don;t realise the limits, or how to use the run outs, or even how to corner properly - how many books are there on performance riding in Thai language. A lack of knowledge is a dangerous thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...