Clothes For "Big-Boned" People

happydays

I live on Koh Samui but I'm going to be in Bangkok for a few days. I'm not obese but Thai XL which is the largest size most shops down here sell is too small for me. Adidas do some stuff in XXL and XXXL but they tend to be quite expensive. Is there anywhere in Bangkok that sells cheap sports/leisure clothes for the larger male?

Cheers

Pratunam Market ( ประตูน้ำ) is one of Bangkok's major markets, focusing on clothes which makes it Thailand's largest clothing market. The name Pratunam means Water gate.

This is where my wife buys all my clothes in the 4 and 5 x sizes and flip-flops up to 18. The added benefit is that it is just about across the street from Panthip Plaza so you can kill two birds with one stone.

Pratunam Market

The Pratunam Market is located near the Amari Watergate and Indra Regent hotels, and is easily accessible from Ratchaprarop Road. Inside is a maze of small lanes filled with shops offering great bargains on clothes and textiles. The market is very compact, and you may get a bit disoriented. but don't worry...you'll come across everything from discount T-shirts and bootleg brands to beach clothes and formal evening wear while you shop your way back out to the street.

Panthip Plaza

The best place to go for any type computer shopping is the multistory Panthip Plaza located on Petchburi Road iin Pratunam (not far from The Amari Watergate Hotel). Prices are very cheap. Panthip Plaza is most famous for the huge selection of software available. As well as software, all of the top Hollywood movies are also available on DVD or VCD.

Good luck!