3 Killed And 45 Injured In Coach Crash Just Outside Of Pattaya

Rimmer

My GF was in another bus and actually saw this happen, called me freaking out. Then her bus hit a DIFFERENT truck but no one was injured, just a bunch of broken glass and a banged up bus which they had to replace in Udon Thani.

I told her from now on she's flying. At least there is a better chance of the pilots being sober and alert. Minus the last 2 jet crashes of course. Bus and van travel is for those who don't place value on their life.

It's not about people don't place value on their lives. Most Thais can't afford to fly, otherwise there wouldn't be so many vehicles on the road at all. And of course less accidents.

:jap:

"According to Land Transport Department Director-General Chairat Sanguansue, 186 road accidents were reported in the first eight months of last year, from January to August 2010. The accidents killed 148 and injured 1,778 people altogether. Public buses accounted for most of the accidents."

These figures suggest an average of 5 people per week DIE and around 56 people per week are injured.

How high do these numbers have to get before someone somewhere DOES SOMETHING to stop this terrible waste of life !

5 a week cant be right that might be say 8 a week in a year

i heard there are about 3 fatals a day in pattaya

have said before -------------no licence so no training and no brains !!------------ok some on the road afterwards

3 school kids aged about 12 on a motorbike on the s / vit every day and nobody gives a sh*t here

Edited by neilf

TiT!! What a joke. The TRUCK DRIVER was arrested because a dozy coach driver crashed into the back of him!!

You couldn't make it up!

R.I.P. to the deceased

I really have heard it all now...

Those roads are pitch black at night, if the truck driver stopped on the road, with no lights, rather than pulling off to the side, then the driver of a fully loaded coach would have little chance of stopping in time and to swerve at the last minute would have been similarly disastrous. Chances are the coach driver was at fault as well, but I have driven that road at night and if you have oncoming traffic with lights in your eyes the chances of spotting something stopped in your lane are about as good as seeing a black cat in a coal cellar.

Are you trying to tell us that the bus don't have headlights?

And if one cannot see the road due to oncoming traffic then one slow down. Anything else is reckless driving.

Edited by TAWP

My GF was in another bus and actually saw this happen, called me freaking out. Then her bus hit a DIFFERENT truck but no one was injured, just a bunch of broken glass and a banged up bus which they had to replace in Udon Thani.

I told her from now on she's flying. At least there is a better chance of the pilots being sober and alert. Minus the last 2 jet crashes of course. Bus and van travel is for those who don't place value on their life.

It's not about people don't place value on their lives. Most Thais can't afford to fly, otherwise there wouldn't be so many vehicles on the road at all. And of course less accidents.

:jap:

Thais tend to do what they always have done. difficult for them to change. but what you say----------------------------

This is true in general ......, but of late -and advance booking, I flew Air Asia 175 bht Udon-Bkk. 175 return--350 yes ? against 420 single way bus. Thai don't always get access to the internet to book?? 2hours total travel, as opposed to 18,

hours.

I was foolish enough to travel honda air blade 110 cc..motor bike====.udon-to Jomptien--11 hours, 4 stops--numb bottom----and at a ripe old age of near 70.

Edited by ginjag