Mac Data Recovery?

zeusbheld

i recently had my Mac hard drive fail(120 GB 2.5" drive from a 3 1/2 year old Macbook Pro, and i am 100 percent certain it's hardware). in a Darwin-award-worthy act of stupidity, i accidentally erased my complete bootable backup last month. so basically all is lost.

has anyone tried a data recovery service on a Mac drive? any luck? how much did it cost? any recommendations? i need a hard-core data recovery service, the kind where they take the drive apart in a clean room.

if no one on here has any recommendations i'll probably call one of the places that Google introduced me to.

Not sure where you live, but here in Chiang Mai the local Apple dealer recommended a disc recovery business in BKK. Unfortunately I don't have that number. but i would think your local Apple agent might suggest someone. Also in CM in Pantip Plaza there is a shop that claims to recover from faulty discs.

I don't think it matters if it is a Mac or PC.

Apple in CM is 'Maczone' tel 053 224 0589

Good luck

thanks. i'm in Bangkok and looking into some options. tried a guy who recovers data for some Thai magazine publishers but it appears all he did was try to run utilities like Disk Warrior and Stellar Phoenix. i already know the drive is borked and needs a surgeon. if/when i find one i'll post what happens...