Rent A Mountain Bike On Koh Phangan?

• 2 months later...

Is a bike the best to way get about the island if one doesn't wish to rent a scooter? I have a drivers licence here in the UK but for a car, not a motorbike. You reckon I could easily make the transition 1st time? What are the songthaews like there, rip of like samui or the usual?

I just booked a week there (mae haad). I wanted to be close to some nice snorkeling spots but I may want to head down to ban tai in the evening to knock back a drink or 3. Am I better off just getting a taxi both ways?

Thanks

Edited by wellred

I have a drivers licence here in the UK but for a car, not a motorbike. You reckon I could easily make the transition 1st time?

Thanks

No! :lol:

Seriously,if you have never ridden a bike before, the roads of Thailand, (and KS/KPP especially),are NOT the place to learn in a week whilst you are on holiday going out for a couple of drinks in the evening.

Is a bike the best to way get about the island if one doesn't wish to rent a scooter? I have a drivers licence here in the UK but for a car, not a motorbike. You reckon I could easily make the transition 1st time? What are the songthaews like there, rip of like samui or the usual?

I just booked a week there (mae haad). I wanted to be close to some nice snorkeling spots but I may want to head down to ban tai in the evening to knock back a drink or 3. Am I better off just getting a taxi both ways?

Thanks

yes. it is not a nip, you need to cross a mountain range.