Arrival From Usa, Then Using Thaiairways

chivasgeo

When I last travelled to LoS coming from USA, my check In baggages were 50 lbs each. I had a domestic flight from Bkk to Udon Thani using Thai Airways and no excess baggage weight fee imposed since I was still transitioning from an International flight. That was back in 2006.

Anyone recently have a similar itinerary and also was not charged the excess weight fee? Or has the rules change? Thai Airways website still say no charge if travelling to/from USA.

Reason why I ask, a friend of mine just returned from LoS , they arrived in Bkk using EVA Air, then took a domestic flight to Udon Thani and was charged excess baggage fee.

I don't feel like paying extra $100 for the fee, therefore I may have to drop weight to 44 lbs (20kg) :(

why so much weight?I pack light.If I need something I buy it at the night market.But i'm tight with my money so what can ya say.I have laundry service every 3 or 4 days

Trust me, if I can just get away w/just a backpack I'd be super happy :)

Are both of your flights (international & domestic) on Thai Airways? It makes sense that your friend had to pay, since the EVA international flight and the domestic flight in Thailand (not EVA, right?) were probably completely separate itineraries. If you are flying two airlines that are partners, you can usually ask them to check your baggage all the way through to your final destination, using the international allowance.

I recently flew with Gulf Air to BKK then Thai to Chiang Mai.

They coshare booking etc. The bags came off in BKK and had to be reloaded in the domestic terminal. I had 35 kilos!

They allow up to 25 free, I got away with not paying anything saying, but i had been allowed it in the UK!

A previous time I was charged 5 kilos excess on a 35 kilo bag. The cost from BKK to CM was 300 baht ( £6.00 ), ($10) so don't worry too much

good luck!