Buying A New Desktop Pc

guzzi850m2

Hi,

I am aware another topic is running on this subject, but I don't understand what they are talking about, he-he :rolleyes:

My desktop pc is broken down again now (5 years old), and been told its too old to keep on fixing so I left the shop with only the hard drive which is app. 2 years old (320GB).

I am looking for app 4 GB RAM and 1 Terabyte hard drive with legal Win 7 (64 bit). The two shops I visited today wants app 27-28 K bath for a ready from the box model, like a HP Pavilion P6786L model which has those specs. I only need the PC I have everything else.

One shop is run by an expat and the other is located opposite Food land on Central Pattaya road. I don't really like the small shops in Tuk.COM on South Pattaya road as I got shafted there once and they might close shop next month and then what about the warranty? Anywhere else I can buy a pc with warranty and are above quoted prices OK for the specs?

Thanks PC experts

Well now I just read another topic called: where to buy state of the art pc, and somebody recommend this Indian guy on the 4th floor in TUK.Com. Will go and look tomorrow. If I can get same specs for 3-4 K bath less I might go for it.

Well now I just read another topic called: where to buy state of the art pc, and somebody recommend this Indian guy on the 4th floor in TUK.Com. Will go and look tomorrow. If I can get same specs for 3-4 K bath less I might go for it.

If you want to contact me direct I can give you a couple of reputable [Farang & Thai] suppliers in Pattaya. [Don't think I should advertise business on this forum]

I agree, no way would I deal with anyone from Tukcom for anything major, whether they are from non sub-continent or not.

I have been dealing with Thai guy for 4 years now and apart from typical thai appointment keeping he is good - Ikeep going back to him for computers, CCTV, repairs, Internet & Networking etc.

Cheers

Here is a cheap base i7 computer using the new Sandy Bridge (B3) motherboard: http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/desktop-pcs/invadeit/invadepc-intel-core-i7-2600-sandy-bridge-2gb-ddr3-500gb-sata3-dvd-rw-mouse-keyboard-p005317/ I'm sure you can get the parts added to make it match your wishes (2GB more RAM and a larger hard drive).

Edit: Or if you are just a normal computer user (like most people) the cheaper i5 model could be a better option at only 12,690 baht http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/desktop-pcs/invadeit/invadepc-intel-core-i5-2300-sandy-bridge-2gb-ddr3-500gb-sata3-dvd-rw-mouse-keyboard-p005316/

Here is a cheap base i7 computer using the new Sandy Bridge (B3) motherboard: http://www.invadeit....yboard-p005317/ I'm sure you can get the parts added to make it match your wishes (2GB more RAM and a larger hard drive).

Edit: Or if you are just a normal computer user (like most people) the cheaper i5 model could be a better option at only 12,690 baht http://www.invadeit....yboard-p005316/

Thanks for the links tomcat, but this shop is based in Hua Hin so if any problems I will have to ship the "box" over there, no thanks.

You are properly right about the usage of the pc, I never play games on mine but mainly use it for internet and sometimes watch a movie on it. I can see that the shop I mention in my OP (Wantana I think its called) have the i5 processor for the HP as well and that will save me 4k bath compared to the i7 but still have 4 GB ram and 1 TB hardrive so I might go for that. 20900 bath + Win 7

I went to Tuk.Com and talked to the shop mentioned in another topic and he want 28k bath for my specs, so I think I will buy a ready from the box PC.

You are properly right about the usage of the pc, I never play games on mine but mainly use it for internet and sometimes watch a movie on it.

Honestly, you dont need an i5 for that. Any entry-level model will do you fine, even an entry-level spec from 2 years ago with the most basic dual-core processor. And may I ask why you want a 1Tb hard drive for that usage?

I saw some decent entry-level models from HP (without operating system) for 10,000B the other day that would suit you. Just add a (legal) copy of Windows 7, or for your usage you could even get Ubuntu (free).

You are properly right about the usage of the pc, I never play games on mine but mainly use it for internet and sometimes watch a movie on it.

Honestly, you dont need an i5 for that. Any entry-level model will do you fine, even an entry-level spec from 2 years ago with the most basic dual-core processor. And may I ask why you want a 1Tb hard drive for that usage?

I saw some decent entry-level models from HP (without operating system) for 10,000B the other day that would suit you. Just add a (legal) copy of Windows 7, or for your usage you could even get Ubuntu (free).

where did you see those entry level hp machines?

Well I ordered a HP now, 20200 excl Win 7, its a i5 processor with 2 gb ram and 1 tb hard drive, model pavilion p6782l. They told me they will try installing my org. win7 64 bit operating system as the old pc is scraped. If they can do it, I will save 5.2k bath that a new cost.

This shop is located opposite foodland and is a aut. HP dealer/repair shop so that gives me a bit of piece in mind instead of the small shops in Tuk.com.

Well I want lots of disk space, I download a lot of movies from bit torrent and other places so it is handy to have, and my private pictures and also taking up space.

Well I ordered a HP now, 20200 excl Win 7, its a i5 processor with 2 gb ram and 1 tb hard drive, model pavilion p6782l. They told me they will try installing my org. win7 64 bit operating system as the old pc is scraped. If they can do it, I will save 5.2k bath that a new cost.

This shop is located opposite foodland and is a aut. HP dealer/repair shop so that gives me a bit of piece in mind instead of the small shops in Tuk.com.

Well I want lots of disk space, I download a lot of movies from bit torrent and other places so it is handy to have, and my private pictures and also taking up space.

Well, what's done is done. Now I trust you're aware that any hard drive can die at any time, so you'll be backing up those movies and private pictures regularly--which implies another 1 TB disk, internal or external, of a different brand.

Well, what's done is done. Now I trust you're aware that any hard drive can die at any time, so you'll be backing up those movies and private pictures regularly--which implies another 1 TB disk, internal or external, of a different brand.

Yes I got a WD 1 tb ext disk bought in Singapore app. 6 month ago. So I back-up my important stuff like pictures and passport details (Visa) on 2 different ext. drives. Never mind the movies, can always get them back from the net.

JSispack the last 6 month my net book died and now my desktop is dead as well so I learned the hard way not to trust one machine. My desktop pc was rusted inside the cabinet and I live app. 2 km from the ocean but don't use air condition in my office in the house. I guess the tropical conditions is way harder on electronics than living in say Scandinavia where I originally came from.

I still prefer to live here compared to Denmark even if my PC's are dieing fast on me, he-he :D

One of the larger shops in TukCom. I used to get almost indentical machines for clients back in Europe, of course they cost a little more there as they included Windows.

Several PCs around 10,000B in PowerBuy Central Festival this morning, and an acceptable eMachines one for 8750B. Certainly adequate for the usage the OP mentioned. Email, surfing and watching films makes no special requirements on a PC, unless perhaps you want to watch HD films on a home theatre in which case it might be advisable to fit a dedicated HD video card with HDMI rather than use the one on the motherboard. It could always be added later anyway.