Thunderstorms

Cookee

Im off to Koh Samui for the first time on Wednesday but am slightly disturbed at the weather forecasts Im reading!! :D:o

Its forecast for thunderstorms. Now I knew going in Sept was touching on the rainy season but thunderstorms for a week at least?! Oh no!! How bad are they? Will it spoil my holiday? I have snorkelling, diving and boat trips planned and I can see that going down the drain :D Someone please make me feel better?? :D

Im off to Koh Samui for the first time on Wednesday but am slightly disturbed at the weather forecasts Im reading!! :D  :o

Its forecast for thunderstorms. Now I knew going in Sept was touching on the rainy season but thunderstorms for a week at least?! Oh no!! How bad are they? Will it spoil my holiday? I have snorkelling, diving and boat trips planned and I can see that going down the drain :D Someone please make me feel better??  :D

Doesn't matter what time of the year you look at the weather charts . I think 99% of the days the prediction is thunderstorms , and many times they are right . This is the tropics and thunderstorms are always just around the corner . One day you don't have or see one, next day you see one passing acroos the see at night, other day it is the town next to yours and the day after you have it :D . Nothing to worry about , most of the time it is very short and it just cools things down a bit . Sometimes in rainy season it can go on for the whole day , but these are rare occasions and happen almost never outside the rainy season . It will almost certain not spoil your holiday , you'd be a very unlucky person if you have several days completely wet . Not saying it can't happen , it does but it is rare . Weather forecast is correct but that is just the way the weather is up there , thunderstorms can happen , always , everyday ...