Thai Airways Begins Flights From Don Muang To Suvarnabhumi

george

How much does that 2 minute flight in Scotland between Westray Airport and Papa Westray Airport cost?

�39.00 per person return

I don't know how long this 2-minute scheduled flight already exists, but if thrifty Scotsmen think it's worth the money it must be. Probably beats swimming over :D

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, this is very believable, even if it is a scam. Reminds me of all the LAX to SAN (San Diego) or better yet, LAX to Orange County (about a 40 min drive) flights, that are always at least $200+, sometimes as much as $400. I guess they are for people connecting from international to domestic flights, which is the same idea as this plan, as I do not know of anyone who would bother flying commercially just to travel 40 miles. Plus it is a way of making money while performing a required reposition of a plane from one airport to another, whether it is for use or maintenance at the other airport.

Edited by RaoulDuke

Based on personal experience with over 10,000 hours flying as a Transport Pilot the most accident prone part is the Takeoff and Landing section of every flight. Being of this short duration the aircraft must stay at or below 3000 Ft ASL (±1,000 meter) this is also were Helicopters dart in and out of between buildings. As for the flight deck crew, any qualified pilot will not bid for this duty. Get the idea; Thai Airways pilot training department most likely is the operator to give trainee copilots hands-on experience. The difference is, in the real world you are not allowed by aviation laws to conduct for profit flights with trainee(s) at the controls. Still wonder why Thais and a good number of farangs in Thailand drive as they do? Laws, what Laws? Remember this flight is internal and does not come under International Aviation Laws. On Internal Flights Thailand can do in aviation whatever it wants to do including making up aviation rules as they go?

In addition this idiotic flight is 4 minutes 30 second the rest of the time is all taken up by takeoff and landing.

Thai Airways must have gotten this idea from Gulf Air with its Dhahran – Bahrain flight; the difference is, with Gulf Air it is a feed-in into the Bahrain Main Hub and part of the flight from Bahrain to wherever a person goes – Europe, Asia, Australasia. As for the aircraft B-737 it was its last hop of a Gulf Air Arabia flight. Not a flight just by itself as this idiotic Thai Airways flight Dong Muang – Savarnabhumi / Suvarnabhumi – Dong Muang.

Which part of SATIRE: did you miss?

TV exposing and making fun of all the stupid/gullible members ? It sort of goes beyond April fools, In fact I find it very bad taste.

George, didnt your parents ever teach you never to make fun and jokes at people who are less fortunate in the IQ department ? Very poor indeed !

:lol:

Will there be food served or only coffee? :rolleyes:

Both-During the in flight movie. :D

the in-flight movie is actually a 4-minute ad for the latest fat-burning exercise machine - no effort required and you can use it while watching TV!

I think there is maybe a 0 to much on that price tag.

Can somebody reconfirm that price?

Or the whole story is a joke.

Why should there be, so much more taxes and services have to be paid on this, than on other flights?

Possibility, introduction price net is some hundert Baht,

the regular net price will than be much higher some thousand Baht and the price including all is than nearly

8.000.-

Amazing the o/p can generate 5 pages of replies when a simply ROTLMAO thread closed would suffice. Is this some subtle survey by TV on it's membership credentials methinks?

It certainly brought out the one-eyed Thai bashers, that is for sure!

If this said Bangkok Air I wouldn't think it was satire.

PS to someone...

they said '10,000 arrived at the wrong airport',

not that 10,000 flew into the wrong airport...

They took taxis...

Edited by animatic

Amazing the o/p can generate 5 pages of replies when a simply ROTLMAO thread closed would suffice. Is this some subtle survey by TV on it's membership credentials methinks?

It certainly brought out the one-eyed Thai bashers, that is for sure!

Hey cyclops do you want a blue eye ??--and it certainly brought out the anti Thai bashers, or did you forget you were one ??