Rooney Off In Disgrace

Shivek

Wayne Rooney was sensationally sent off during Manchester United's goalless draw against Villarreal as the England star once again fell victim to his own stupidity.

Seven days ago, when Rooney's temper boiled over in such startling fashion on England duty in Belfast, there were many who claimed he would never antagonise Sir Alex Ferguson by 'losing it' with United.

Those lofty suggestions evaporated in 30 amazing seconds in Spain when Rooney reacted to a harsh booking by sarcastically applauding Kim Milton Nielsen's decision right under the referee's nose.

It left the man who famously sent David Beckham off during England's World Cup clash with Argentina in 1998 with little alternative other than to brandish a second yellow and dismiss Rooney from the field.

Unfortunately, the England man's conduct got no better and he offered Nielsen the benefit of his opinion before he was ushered away.

Whether UEFA look to increase the automatic one-match ban which will rule Rooney out of the Old Trafford encounter with Benfica on September 27 remains to be seen, but the 19-year-old badly needs someone to bring him to heel before his mesmeric talent is totally undermined.

A bad night nearly got even worse for the visitors when Marcos Senna's free-kick crashed into Rio Ferdinand. But fortunately, the ball struck the crossbar rather than found the goal to at least offer Ferguson the consolation of a hard-earned point from what he dubbed the hardest game of United's group campaign.

There was no sign of the controversy to come in the early stages as United coped easily enough with Villarreal's sporadic attacks, which usually ended with a pass out wide and then a poor cross.

Mikael Silvestre did come close to putting the visitors in front with a far-post header Mario Viera did well to claw away.

By some considerable distance it proved to be the high point of Viera's first-half performance.

At one stage this summer, Arsene Wenger thought about signing the Uruguayan goalkeeper but when he reviews the video of this shoddy effort, the Arsenal boss will be relieved he did not bother.

Viera had already let one angled ball from John O'Shea bounce off his chest when a far more dangerous Cristiano Ronaldo free-kick provoked the same reaction.

The ball was quickly diverted goalwards off Ruud van Nistelrooy's chest but before the prolific Dutchman could bundle home, Rodriguez Gonzalo stretched out a leg and managed to hook the ball out from under his own crossbar.

It was a magnificent effort, although Edwin van der Sar's save from Rodolfo Arruabarrena moments early had almost been as good.

Arruabarrena was sure he had scored when he met Juan Pablo Sorin's inspired back-flick from Antonio Guayre's cross almost perfectly.

But, just as Andy Cole was left disappointed by Van der Sar's reflexes during Saturday's Manchester derby, Arruabarrena was similarly denied.

That incident had followed on quickly from Heinze's departure.

The popular Argentinian, winner of supporters' and players' player of the year awards last term, had the start to his season delayed by his summer commitments at the Confederations Cup.

Now he faces another spell on the sidelines, this time enforced, although Ferguson will hope the jarred knee Heinze suffered in his collision with Jan Kromkamp does not prove to be serious.

Heinze was at least able to try and carry on, although it was not long before the signal went out he was unable to continue.

The substitution brought Kieran Richardson into the fray and the England international was quickly involved in the action, picking up a caution for his pains as referee Nielsen started to flash yellow cards on a regular basis.

Alan Smith, the man United will turn to in midfield in Roy Keane's absence over the next fortnight, was another to end up in Nielsen's book but the Dane's real impact on the game was still to come.

Before Rooney's untimely exit, United had wasted an excellent chance to open their account when Smith got a firm downward header to Paul Scholes' corner.

Van Nistelrooy looked set to ram the ball home and he swivelled towards goal inside the six-yard box. But the Dutchman's usual predatory instincts deserted him and when he missed the ball completely Viera, for once, was able to hang on.

It was the last chance United had before they were reduced to 10 men by Rooney's ill-advised petulance.

Fortunately for Ferguson, there were enough clear heads remaining to keep Villarreal out and when Marcos Senna's free-kick crashed off Rio Ferdinand and onto the crossbar, they were able claim a precious point.

It means United have still only won once in 16 encounters with Spanish opposition on Spanish soil.

But, as Rooney digests his latest miserable loss of control, that is hardly the story.

Lampard10, now u wont have chance to criticise me on this because i have written the respective home and away side correctly. :o

Wayne Rooney. The only man in english football capable of making Alan Smith look mature and level-headed.

Whenever I see Rooney, I always get the impression of a player who - five or six years from now - everyone will look back on, shake their head sadly, and wonder aloud 'how did he throw such a gift away?'

A nasty little piece of work. And, as a Brit myself, it pains me to say this, but a perfect symbol of modern British man.

• 4 weeks later...
Wayne Rooney.  The only man in english football capable of making Alan Smith look mature and level-headed.

Whenever I see Rooney, I always get the impression of a player who - five or six years from now - everyone will look back on, shake their head sadly, and wonder aloud 'how did he throw such a gift away?'

A nasty little piece of work.  And, as a Brit myself, it pains me to say this, but a perfect symbol of modern British man.

How England Can Cure Rooney Of His Problems,

Inspire Their Football Team To Greatness,

And Win The 2006 World Cup!

The major problem England has with their football team is that their star player, who is a precocious teenager with prodigious talent for playing football and scoring goals, easily becomes frustrated with the restrictions and decisions of his elders.

Their current team captain is a jaded player who is rapidly losing the respect of his players and probably never had strong leadership qualities. He no longer inspires the individual players or the team to play great football, except on those fleeting and increasingly rare moments when he delights with an almost impossible goal from a free kick. His replacement as captain when he is absent from the team not only plays in a forward position, which denies him the opportunity to captain the team, but does not have the necessary leadership qualities the English team requires.

Their performance in qualifying for the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany looks fine on paper, with one loss, one draw, and eight wins, but in reality was almost total drudgery and comparable with a team in the relegation zone of the English Premiership. It does not inspire the country, the fans, or the team, who are quoted as saying, “we will play better football in Germany” or words to that effect. This type of comment is similar to that made by the person playing roulette in Las Vegas – “The system is a great success, send more money!”

Lampard And Gerrard Are

Highly Successful Team-Captains

Critics will quickly point out that in Lampard (24 year-old Captain of Premiership Champions, Chelsea) and Gerrard (24 year-old Captain of European Champions, Liverpool) England already has two fine team-captains who are perfect alternatives to the aging Beckham (31 year-old midfielder from Real Madrid). And who can deny this comment? However, because these two captains are also bitter rivals in the English Premiership, and give better performances when the other is absent, there is a great danger that selecting one or the other to captain England may lead to divisions in the English team.

And, what of the problems with Wayne Rooney, perhaps the most talented teenager worldwide, how do we turn this talent into star quality that will shine for the next two decades? It is easy to lecture the young man, tell him to mend his ways, and behave more adult, but what has that approach achieved in the past, with not only Rooney but also other talented youths like Paul Gascoigne? It simply frustrates them and leads them to excessive behaviour on and off the football pitch, and is not the solution to the problem.

He Sees The Game

In One Quick Glance

Wayne Rooney has the undeniable talent of reading a game of football, in a similar way a chess master reads the board – with one glance, they see the position of each piece on the board and the next dozen moves them must make, in order to win. Rooney does not need to be told what to do on the football pitch, because he’s already many moves ahead of all the other players, and they know and respect this talent – there is not one player in the team who does not speak highly of him. Both Gerrard and Lampard praise his talents, skills, and extraordinary performances.

The Solution To All The English Team Problems

Is To Promote Wayne Rooney To English Team Captain!

This new responsibility will give him the stature, posture, and self-confidence he needs to make a rapid transition from teenager to man, and from star-potential to star status. He will be a new person, on and off the field, and England will have a captain to be proud of, and one that the team players will follow with spirit and enthusiasm all the way to the winner’s podium in Germany.

Naturally, there will be those critics who say “he is too young” and “he lacks the necessary experience”, and a million other similar statements.

But here is the truth of the matter: Wayne Rooney is the most talented player in England for many years, and while he will continue to train and learn, he already knows more about the game of football than any other player in the team. There is nothing about football that his current team-captain, coach, manager, or any other person can teach him, because he already knows it and practices it on the field in every match!

When we have a war, we do not promote elderly back-room has-been soldiers to become officers, but talented young men from the ranks, who have proven themselves under fire, understand the conditions and know what is required.

You don’t win by making “safe” decisions and avoiding conflict and confrontation, you have to “dare” to win and it is time for the England managers and coach to dare to be great and make some bold decisions that will bind the players into a team of unbridled passion and enthusiasm.

Wayne Rooney is an extremely talented young footballer who can lead the English team, inspire all the players to greatness, and guide them to win the 2006 World Cup Final.

You Can Learn From Children And

Improve Your Home And Business Life

We all have the same problems with our own youngsters; we tell them what to do and how to do it – our way! Instead, we should be listening to them; because they are learning new ways and new techniques, and can take us further and faster then we can possibly dream.

When you have problems in your home or your business, don’t tell your children to be quiet and go to their room, but explain in detail what you’re trying to achieve. Then shut-up and listen, because out of the mouth’s of babes comes true wisdom.

Start right now – take pen and paper and jot down the problem that has been troubling you and all your solutions are not working. Then explain the details to your children, or your friend’s children, and listen to their ideas. You will be amazed at:

How Much They Know

Their Views On The World

What You Will Learn!

I have a four-year old daughter who saw me struggling to finish some work on my computer late one afternoon, and she asked what I was doing.

“Daddy’s busy with work, and you can help if you run along and play with your toys.”

“Why can’t you stop now and play with me?”

“Because my work is hard, and I’m trying to finish it.”

“Well do what you can now, and then play with me. Tomorrow you can finish it easy!”

All she wanted was for me to stop work and play with her, but in her childish wisdom, she showed me how a break would allow me to renew my thought processes.

How many times have you worked hard on a project and failed to come up with the best results…and if you put it away for a day or so, when you return the solutions often become obvious and simple to implement.

Listen and learn from the young, because tomorrow belongs to them!

Newsletter PBP October 2005 – Wayne Rooney

Brian Hunt

Power Business Publishing

© Copyright 2005. Brian Hunt. All Rights Reserved

Brian Hunt is the editor of Power Business Publishing, and provides writing, editing, and publishing information and training for writers and authors of Websites, CD-ROM’s, and eBooks.

Editors can publish this article without change in any media provided the complete above by-line is included. Editors who need to change the article must apply for written approval by the author.

You can LINK to this article online at:

http://www.powerbusinesspublishing.com/new...0510_rooney.htm