Por Bor Tor -> Nor Sor Saam

Hi there, I have a very good offer to purchase a big lot of land at a ridicolous price. But the land actually have just a por bor tor deed.

Reading here and some lawyer's websites I guess is really hard get a land title update, anyway, maybe some of you knows some way to do or did it recently.

For what i read, to upgrade the title need to transform the Por Bor Tor into a Sor Kor Nung first, and looks like it doesn't happens anymore since 1972.

Then the Sor Kor Nung have to be upgraded to Nor Sor Saam, and sounds like it isn't allowed anymore after february 2010, if not on case by case basis in the court. These are national guidelines but could depend also from the area. Well, the land I'm interested lay in chayaphum.

I would like to know also if Por Bor Tor land can be bought and sold. Makes any sense or is just throw away money buy a land with this title?

And, if got Sor Kor Nung deed, it can be bought and sold? About it I found: This land may be sold and transferred by inheritance.

I don't understand if it means it could be sold only to the family or to everyone

Of course the land owner told me the title can be upgraded, mai pen rai :blink:

Many thanks for any experienced advice

Max

The litmus test would be to offer considerably more money to the seller if it is a better title, if it's easy he will get it done.

Personally I wouldn't think about purchasing land that you couldn't borrow money from a Bank to buy/against.

Por Bor Tor 5 is merely evidence showing that the occupier of the land has been issued a tax number and paid tax for using the land. This evidence gives no legal or official rights at all but was used to establish that the holder was occupying the land and could apply for a Sor Kor 1 and later for a Nor Sor Sam. As stated, however, these upgrades are almost never being allowed.

The transfer of the tax receipt is possible but is done under the supervision of the local Or Bor Tor.

However, foreigners have absolutely no rights to this type of land and are not allowed to purchase such land and for Thais it does not offer any rights of ownership. It is a tax payment for use of the land. Usufructs or leases cannot be registered on this land. If a foreigner was a shareholder of a company that purchased the land the right of possession is not guaranteed.