Cribbage

lanny

Does anyone know of a club or other place that people can go to play cribbage with others? I love the game but none of my friends here play.

Maybe once a week or so, just to have fun. I'm not really intrested in big tournaments, just friendly matches

Does anyone know of a club or other place that people can go to play cribbage with others?  I love the game but none of my friends here play.

Maybe once a week or so, just to have fun.  I'm not really intrested in big tournaments, just friendly matches

I also love the game of cribbage and like yourself have asked here in Patong and have'nt yet found anyone to play with.where do you live maybe we can get a game in. :o

I used to be a big crib fan .. but no one to play with anymore .... I think you need a pint of bitter to really enjoy it.

yahoo games has online crib and you can play a friend or choose from others online and waiting. I tried it a few times, but some of those people are either really good, or are cheating.

There are plenty of players in Hua hin, but I don't suppose that helps you much. We used to have a weekly tournament - 100 Baht entry, winner take all - and had up to 20 odd people taking part on occasion. Mostly Brit or Canadian. We even had a visit from the Tourist Police on one occasion. Luckily the kitty was behind the bar. As they'd never seen the game before and we asked them if they wanted to join in, they left us alone.

As far as online crib is concerned, I'd reckon that the players are probably good as it's rather difficult to cheat on the internet. But you can set games up between yourselves using Yahoo or MSN gaming zone. As you can chat as well, it's quite a laugh.

What about teaching some friends to play? I had a cribbage board sent over to me and then taught my husband and and his friend to play. And you know how Thai people can't play cards without betting money? They've even found a way to bet on cribbage. I'm still better than them, so I usually win all the money. Once I stop winning I'll put a quick end to the gambling...