Scooter Child Seat

Hi All,

Has anyone ever used a child seat with their scooter similar to the photo below? If so can I have your opinions on how secure it fits and its general use with your kids. Im not to keen with my daughters sitting either in front or at the rear just holding on, I think this is a great idea. Only issue I have with this is, if they are strapped into this seat and (god forbid) in the event of an accident they would still be secured to the motorcycle, sometimes its better to be thrown free, thoughts?

Has anyone seen them for sale anywhere in Thailand?

On a similar note, I can't believe how difficult it is to find a small helmet for my children (age 3 and 4)!!!!! I know these are not popular with the Thais as the passengers don't wear any protection from what I see and would probably account for the lack of availability. I know its a long drawn out subject but I fail to understand the lack of responsibility from the parents, TiT......ermm.gif

W-SMK-001.jpg

Not sure about the seat... Taking a 3 or 4 year old on a bike (at least outside the local Soi) is not something I'd contemplate... I would only take someone on my bike who is old enough to provide informed consent!As for helmets, I have seen what looks like a reasonable design (Complete with ladybird design and antennae!) try along Phaoyothin around Saphan Kawai. There are a heap of helmet stores along there in one stretch.

Hi there,

i saw one of these seats back in Germany on a big bike and the child ISNT STRAPPED into the seat!The Straps you see are to connect the seat to the bike and the one in front is where the feet are put into!

Woud be crazy to strap a child on a motorbike,555!!

Cheers