Nouvo Elegance 135 / Honda Cbr 150

elliss

within the next mounth , i will be buying one of the two models mentioned above .

most of the time i will need the machine for local journeys around udon ,shopping etc.

for this purpose i think the yamaha 135cc nouvo , with its large underseat compartment,would be more suitable.

however for longer journeys , over 100 kms , i think the honda 150 cc engine would be more suitable .

i would appreciate your valued opinions ,

thank you .

I think the Nouvo would be much more comfortable over 100km than the cbr as its not vibrating your bones to powder, also the riding position is better and your not with all your weight on your wrists.

Your observations seem quite correct. If you want to do shopping trips and long journeys there is only really one solution, buy both! rolleyes.gif

If that's not an option then consider which is the worst option for you. Long trips on a scooter or hanging shopping bags from a wing mirror?

Here's a thought. Give both a subjective measurement for 1. City driving and 2. the occasional trip. Say you give the CBR 150 a 7 on a ten point scale for highway and the Elegance a 5. Then you gve the Elegance an 8 for city driving and the CBR just a 5. Now figure out how much city driving you will be doing versus highway driving on the occasional trip. If you do 10 percent highway and 90 percent city you would rate the Elegance 90 percent times 8 for the city or 7.2 but in highway driving you would give it 10 percent times5 which is .5. The score for the Elegance is 7.7. Now for the CBR you would find the score for city as 5 times 90 percent or 4.5. For the highway the CBR would score 7 times 10 percent for .7 Its total score is 5.2. So in this scenario the Elegance wins.

I wouldn't worry too much about the underseat storage for shopping, I had CBR 150's for 8 years and never had a problem hanging the bags off the bars. I recently switched to a PCX which is also excellent and has underseat storage but the big decision for me comes on the point of automatic or manual transmission. With a lot of town driving I find I love the simplicity of the automatic, out of town I prefer the manual, horses for courses really, one of each sure is the ideal solution but if I did more out of town driving I think I would go with the CBR.

I sold my Nouvo Excellence when I bought my 650 Ninja (not exactly a CBR150, but same principle)... I wish I'd kept it for the quick shopping trips in the local neighborhood. (still have the girlfriend's Scoopy, but it's a poor alternative.). The Excellence is comfortable to ride, including on longer rides, it's zippy enough if you want to drag with the local motorcycle taxis, and the auto is very convenient when juggling half a dozen shopping bags on the cargo hook between your knees and a carton of beer under your arm. Try that on the CBR! If you want something for longer highway trips, I'd get the Nouvo and then look for something 250+ when you get the next urge to upgrade... But don't ditch the Nouvo!

the cbr150 of course. Everyone knows that scooters are for girls.

Girls? How about girls and old men? My Elegance has given me a second chance at riding. My feet are in front of me rather than between the bike frame and the road as well as between the bike frame and whoever happens to run into me. These new scooters are the best thing since sliced bread.

Hand me a skirt too. Love my nouvo elegance. I had a big bike before but it was hard in traffic. This one is great.

I knew there was something I liked about you robblok besides you being Dutch.....nouvo elegance...I love mine too. Had her 2 years, flawless. coming up on 25k and I understand it's best to change the belt. Great little bike. Under the seat I can fit a small sack of pototoes and 6 T-bones. :))

Need to find a skirt too.

Edited by sendbaht

Where can I get a skirt at a good discount? I find both the CBR 150 and CBR 250 to be compelling bikes. However--I remember all those people laughing at my digital camera, at that time a Kodak DC-40 which took pictures at 740 by 480 pixels. People said it was nothing but a toy and "real photographers were laughing at me. That was something like 14 years ago. In a way I look at bikes like the Nouvo Elegance the same way. Look at it objectively and a lot of so called "real bikes" (substitute film cameras) are prehistoric in comparison. The technology of the new automatics is simply top notch, you hardly ever see these machines sidelined with mechanical problems, and they just plain get the job done.

Hand me a skirt too. Love my nouvo elegance. I had a big bike before but it was hard in traffic. This one is great.

I knew there was something I liked about you robblok besides you being Dutch.....nouvo elegance...I love mine too. Had her 2 years, flawless. coming up on 25k and I understand it's best to change the belt. Great little bike. Under the seat I can fit a small sack of pototoes and 6 T-bones. :))

Need to find a skirt too.

I love that lil bike it does not mean i dont like the cbr 250 or other big bikes but i am not confident enough in my knowledge of the roads to make touring around a fun or comfortable thing. So i just use the bike in a radius of 30km around my home. For those kind of distances and in this kind of traffic a lil bike is just better.

I'd skip the CBR150.

Call me a girl, but I really like my scooter.One more +1 from me for the Nuovo 135.

I use it 10x more than my D-Tracker 250.

I got a rack and Shad 40 topbin from Dr. Bike in Lat Phrao and its great.

I've done a few 5-6 hour rides on my NE135 from BKK to Pattaya or Ayutthaya and the little thing can get up to 120kmh.

I rode a CBR150 for about 3 hours before and its surprisingly comfy but I think shifting all the time would get old real fast.

The upright seating position, carefree automatic tranny, and ability to carry more stuff easily makes the NE135 a very practical machine.