Oanda And Interactivebrokers

i am operating accounts http://www.oanda.com and http://www.interactivebrokers.com

both i cant get access to since yesterday evening. Not to the websites and not with the applications to log in to my accounts. also other brokers i dont have access to.

is there any new regulation out in thailand that access to foreign brokerservices is not allowed or blocked?

with a proxy i can get access to their websites, so their service is not down.

i try to get access from bangkok from several computers. all other us based websites i tried are working.

Edited by zappalot

1. @cheeryble: why should a normal website not be available on weekends? never heard or experienced sth. like that. else u remember wrong. even the trading application is and was always available on weekends, just no exchangerates coming in as there is no trading on the weekends.
  2. my girlfriend called them in the morning. now tot called me back with the information that they fixed the problem.
  3. after checking back i can say, problem fixed, its working again. it was a 100% TOT related problem.

1. @cheeryble: why should a normal website not be available on weekends? never heard or experienced sth. like that. else u remember wrong. even the trading application is and was always available on weekends, just no exchangerates coming in as there is no trading on the weekends.
  2. after checking back i can say, problem fixed, its working again. it was a 100% TOT related problem.

1. Oanda is a very very busy site, and it is normal for them to perform scheduled maintenance after the New York market closes on Friday (saturday morning our time)

2. This was almost certainly not unrelated to routing and the troubles in Japan.

if u would have read the first post ud know that the site was always available via proxy and that the problem started when it was early friday morning in the united states. else in forexfactory where there are always statements when an oanda server goes down i was the only one with this problem. being a customer for more then 10 years now with interactive and 5 years also oanda their website itself were never down, at least not for 18 hours. and why all the other providers in Thailand didnt have the problem, only TOT?

Hmmm I wonder, does online trading in Thailand require a WP to be done legally? It would certainly not be considered 'tourist' related would it?

The subforum/forum name might give a clue

I have had no issues accessing accounts.

Hmmm I wonder, does online trading in Thailand require a WP to be done legally? It would certainly not be considered 'tourist' related would it?

The subforum/forum name might give a clue

I have had no issues accessing accounts.

Volunteer work also requires a WP.

So should writing posts on a forum to help other people!

@cheeryble: why should a normal website not be available on weekends? never heard or experienced sth. like that. else u remember wrong.

I'd bet a left little finger against a thousand quid that that used to be the case.

I don't have my number generator handy but as IB just got me as far as the challenge I'd say that's changed.

You can easily find out here: http://www.forexpeac..._broker_reviews

....about Oanda?

It's definitely true. Whether they make a habit of it I don't know.

I just emailed a friend to check my memory about that.

He sent me back the screenshot which I saw some years ago which forced them to withdraw their claim that a successful 80 pip short scalp he'd done over two 5 second bars was a technical spike. The price had built up gradually over two minutes which disproved that and they had to pay up.

I thought this had happened several times but he says it was just once and that generally they were very good.

Perhaps it was someone else I knew.

As brokers don't pass on individual trades but make wholesale covering trades (I think....I'm not a currency trader) a winning trade costs them money. It must have been a painful experience for them broking for my friend for years as he was consistently on the right side of the trade. Still I suppose it's a numbers game.

Cheeryble

Edited by cheeryble