Samui Music Festival

regal

Hi People in Samui!

I'm near phuket (in the sticks) and want to come to the festival. Ive never been to samui before. Questions.

Where do you buy tickets? Can I just turn up? website didnt say.

which venue is better? Coco's or the bigger stage?

What kind of crowds are they expecting?

Im considering the mid-week show, cause I dont like HUGE crowds.your thoughts?

THere are some package rates going around, 3 nights for 5K- but is it, much of a deal? or should I just turn up?

We have our big truck and could sleep in it. What will parking be like near the area?

Thanks for your help!

Regal

They did have one last year, but on a much smaller scale.

This year the main stage is by the lake where they have the lake side parties.

They are also doing stuff in the Coco Blues bar

Mint bar is also doing events with live soul/jazz the week after the main event, they have swedish band Melo, and a few others.

Thai ticket master is doing the ticketing for coco blues festival.

http://www.kohsamuimusicfestival.com/ticketing.htm

Don't worry about crowds, it's gonna be very well organised, with tables at front for those that want to pay more, and standing for those that wanna save $. It's a very big space, so don't worry about overcrowding.

The last weekend will be the best, UB40, Jools Holland, The wailers etc

Thanks for your help, REALLY! One more question for a first timer. Look likes there are literally 100's of accommodations. After living here for a few years I’m not much of a PRE booker- I like to just turn up get a peek, and a good price. Can you recommend some good places nearby- I have a vehicle. So, a safe place to park too!

Price range 800- 1500 per night- and please no American b-fast.

:o

PS I'm going the 1st weekend to see "the Killer"

Try Anong Guest House right behind Christie's Cabaret (Katoey Cabaret hrrughh...)

New building with the price of 800-900 Baht/ night. A/C, TV, fridge and...clean. As long as you got the car it takes 5 minutes to reach The Festival.

Go to Unique Bar (there's Samui Travel Center there), in front of Burger King and ask for Jom. He is the owner.

Hope it will be handy. Wish I was there as I'm in China for the next few days but hope all of you will have very very good Samui time.

Enjoy!

My friend went, he said there was about 200 people, half of which (including himself) got in free.

I've heard that was the busiest night so far, with most nights only about 100 people coming in.

I'm pretty sure this weekend will be pretty busy though.

The company who did this event must have lost some serious $.

The cheapest ticket is 1200 baht, so it doesn't take a genious to work out why it isn't working.

I'm sure Fri/Sat/Sun will be busy and the music will definatley be good.

No way they can make back their millions of $ in 3 days though.

Just spoke to my mate in Chawaeng and he told me that people are getting in for free in the hope that they'll spend money on drink. Can't see this on the weekend.

He also filled me in on the recent incident there :o

Anyway I've just booked my flight and I will be in Samui tomorrow afternoon until tuesday :D

So if you see someone in a certain pattaya t-shirt then be nice to me :D and I like any lager :D:D

Edited by davethailand