Changing ROM For HTC Desire

I just found a cool new feature. I'm not sure if it's a feature of Oxygen or it's standard Gingerbread, but the built-in phone client now has support for VOIP. This means you just enter your VOIP server, username and password, and now when you make any call you're offered the choice if you want to dial using the GSM network or VOIP. No special client software (and double-handling of contacts) necessary. Cool! :lol:

I just found a cool new feature. I'm not sure if it's a feature of Oxygen or it's standard Gingerbread,

Neither, just a standard Android 2.2 (Froyo) feature, available for quite a long time now. You'll need WiFi, although some report 3G success. And, this is why Google Voice is cool (in the U.S.). There are some interesting VoIP hacks, resulting in free international calls. Anyway, no need for Oxygen or Gingerbread (Android 2.3) for VoIP.

I just found a cool new feature. I'm not sure if it's a feature of Oxygen or it's standard Gingerbread,

Neither, just a standard Android 2.2 (Froyo) feature, available for quite a long time now. You'll need WiFi, although some report 3G success. And, this is why Google Voice is cool (in the U.S.). There are some interesting VoIP hacks, resulting in free international calls. Anyway, no need for Oxygen or Gingerbread (Android 2.3) for VoIP.

I never saw this feature with the standard Froyo firmware on my Desire, but I have to say I didn't go looking for it though so maybe it was just a feature I missed. Cool either way.