Jump to content

I like to attract the Thailand Tokay Gecko to my house: Using My Mating Call!


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Why do you write such garbage?

 

What would you have me write, instead?

 

Feel free to pick a TOPIC, and I will gladly write about it.

 

It UPS to you...

 

Choose one....

I DARE you.....

 

Take care, Man!

 

 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I wonder why the mods haven't banned him yet 

 

Because....

 

a.  I care about this forum

b.  I contribute to the best of my ability

e.  I never tire

 

And, maybe....other reasons that we do not know about....

 

(Also, significantly, I am, basically, at heart, a nonconfrontational personality, as I am sure most must admit, deep down....)

 

 

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like the Tokays also except when they find a hole into my attic. The Thais are afraid of them. When they were children they were told that if they are bad the ToKays will come to get them. As far as your mating call, has it worked with anything else?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

And, maybe....other reasons that we do not know about....

Or will ever care about!

 

PS;  All you are doing for me, apart from p!ssing me, and many others. off is increasing my post count, as if I care, unlike you!

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

I really like the Tokays also except when they find a hole into my attic. The Thais are afraid of them. When they were children they were told that if they are bad the ToKays will come to get them. As far as your mating call, has it worked with anything else?

 

I use recorded mating calls.

 

And, yes, they actually do seem to work quite well.

 

I love this lizard, because the vocalizations remind me of my former jungle home, when I and Jane were still on dating terms.  Sadly, she recently passed away....  Not sure if you got the news.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

 

I use recorded mating calls.

 

And, yes, they actually do seem to work quite well.

 

I love this lizard, because the vocalizations remind me of my former jungle home, when I and Jane were still on dating terms.  Sadly, she recently passed away....  Not sure if you got the news.

 

 

 

 

What a load of BS

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Or will ever care about!

 

PS;  All you are doing for me, apart from p!ssing me, and many others. off is increasing my post count, as if I care, unlike you!

 

Well...

 

I apologize for this unintended consequence, then...

 

Have you ever studied, FORMALLY, the consequences of unintended consequences, SOCIAOLOGICALLY, I mean?

 

image.png.15ce96e3bbaa6b27e20fd1a676e14a08.png

 

 

Take...for example....SEAT BELT USE:

 

image.png.ea8d889576189c09fdbb45eb703aeb6a.png

 

IF you have the time, Sir, I would recommend that you study up on the Social Science of Unintended Consequences....

 

This might just make your year....

 

 

 

 

  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

The sh!t load you keep dumping on here!

 

I guess you may have never read Thomas Wolfe:

 

He wrote FAR more words than I could ever hope to impress you with.

image.png.33271ebb9a4d939b116619843fb22f8a.png

image.png.a601cb73776f0b0119181cca4cd6c175.png

 

So, consider yourself fortunate that he is dead, while I am still alive, here, for this moment.....

 

My advice to you is to....

Look Homeward, Angel

 

 

 

 

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Martin71 said:

 

Gamma.. me and the lads got together and bought you a new shirt for the rainy season..

 

20240514_215820.jpg.7b26619000e6484fc7be69db1b9f5416.jpg

 

Really cannot thank you enough!

You guys are just so very considerate and caring!

 

But then....

What is a great Forum for, if not to instill in us this wonderful sense of comradery?

 

 

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Martin71 said:

 

Gamma.. me and the lads got together and bought you a new shirt for the rainy season..

 

20240514_215820.jpg.7b26619000e6484fc7be69db1b9f5416.jpg


He's gonna need a sturdy gag to go with it too just in case he tries to switch over to dictation after suiting up in his new rainy season outfit. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, simon43 said:

If it is, then it is having the completely wrong effect - I spend little time on this forum now because of d***h***s like him (and he is not the only troll). They add absolutely nothing of positive value to this forum.


You mean there are more like him besides all the ones with the initials GG?

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, simon43 said:

If it is, then it is having the completely wrong effect - I spend little time on this forum now because of d***h***s like him (and he is not the only troll). They add absolutely nothing of positive value to this forum.

 

How's Laos, by comparison.

 

I am thinking of going to Laos for a visit.

 

Do you have a free room?

 

(I might even brush up, with you, on some of my long-forgotten Science topics, like...well..... Why do they call Mitochondria the POWER-HOUSE of the Cell, just for starters.  I guess you can explain this with your stick in the sand, to any good student?)

 

 

  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

I don't get it. 14 posts by people reading your post say they don't want to read your posts. Are these people masochistic or what?

 

No.

They are not masochistic; not at all.

 

They just enjoy posting comments, same as everyone here.

 

(My Prime Directive here, is to allow people to read my posts, and then say that they do not want to do what they have already done.)

 

If everything written on this Forum was like Pablum, then only infants without teeth would enjoy TV.

 

You just cannot allow yourself to become overly bogged down by those bogs who may have grown up around the bogs, or in them.

 

 

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
×
  • Create New...