Meltdown Likely Under Way At Japan Nuclear Reactor

george

Highest Yet: Rain from Fukushima near Toronto, Canada measures 20,000 CPM per square meter — "Crazy hot" (VIDEO)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EBfvkCEr-Is

Wow...if that is true, it is crazy for sure. Unreal.

I have embeded it for you. Yes, it's getting more and more serious. It has only just begun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBfvkCEr-Is&feature=player_embedded

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet no or little coverage on big news channels that I am aware of.

I watch Anderson Cooper and then a 30 minute segment of either CNN or BBC later at night EVERY day. I've never heard anything about this. I even saw a special segment on either CNN or BBC the last couple of days about the "disaster" in Japan. It was heart wrenching. Nothing mentioned of the fallout. Sorry to sound ignorant on this, but WOW!!!

No credible news source would accuse the radiation of coming from Japan. There are a number of possible sources. It would require some investigation to prove the source.

I am not doubting where it came from, just pointing out the reasons why it isn't reported.

The other thing missing in the video is any comparison with this rain and normal rain or previous readings.

No credible news source would accuse the radiation of coming from Japan. There are a number of possible sources. It would require some investigation to prove the source.

I am not doubting where it came from, just pointing out the reasons why it isn't reported.

The other thing missing in the video is any comparison with this rain and normal rain or previous readings.

you're right to a certain point. The first all time high reading was found a couple of months back. There it were 10 000CPM, in the same area as the newest all time high reading was conducted.. Two weeks ago they had the highest reading around Fukushima with up to 10 sievert, that killsa a man in minutes. It is most likely that the radiation cloud went up high and traveled a long way and now it's coming down with the downpours. As I described earlier, it's wobbling so are the readings. The normal background radiation wobbles from 20 - 400 CPM in that area, but 20 000CPM?

I haven't seen this before but its been around for awhile so even if its a repeat here I think its worth repeating.

Crazy...especially her warnings about eating food from Turkey!!! Makes me very happy the Thai's have postponed their nuclear plants!!!

I haven't seen this before but its been around for awhile so even if its a repeat here I think its worth repeating.

Thanks very much for the link. As you say, well worth repeating as I haven't had such a laugh in months.

Fukushima Now Radiating Everyone: 'Unspeakable' Reality 'Will Impact All Of Humanity'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcOol3KJscc

Australia's CBS exposed the "unspeakable" realities of the Japanese catastrophe in its 60 Minutes program Sunday night during which leading nuclear scientist Dr. Michio Kaku said radiation from Fukushima will impact of all of humanity. The nuclear energy power industry violation of the right to health is apparent throughout the new Australian report.

"In fact the whole world will be exposed from the radiation from Fukushima," Dr. Kaku told CBS reporter Liz Hayes.

"We are already getting radiation from Fukushima," Dr. Kaku said.

Edited by Chopperboy

what sorts of seafood, including seaweed (for sushi), is harvested off the NE coast of Japan? That body of water, in particular, must be seriously irradiated with all the discharge of past months. All that coursing through the food chain doesn't bode well for the life in the water nor for the humans who ingest it - particularly eating fish/mammals at the upper end of the food chain. I don't believe much in karma, but the whale eating Japanese might be facing some irradiated karma. Doesn't Japan have the biggest, or at least the most deluxe fish market in the world?

No Return to Fukushima Exclusion Zone: Officially Uninhabitable. Radiation Greater Than 29 Hiroshimas, So Far.

The Japanese government will finally admit that radiation is making the area around Fukushima uninhabitable—but it's just one piece of a much more disastrous picture.

No one will be able to return to the exclusion area around the Fukushima nuclear power plant that's had three meltdowns and still spews radiation. The New York Times reports that the government will soon announce that the exclusion zone is uninhabitable, and may remain so for decades.

The prime minister is expected to go to Fukushima this Saturday to formally announce to former residents that their homes are lost. They cannot return to the 20 Km radius around the Fukushima nuclear power plant.

http://www.gaia-health.com/articles501/000517-fukushima-no-return-home.shtml

Fukushima Smoking Gun Emerges: Founding Engineer Says Reactor 4 Has Always Been A "Time Bomb", Exposes Criminal Cover Up

It was only a matter of time before someone grew a conscience, and disclosed to the world that in addition to the massive cover up currently going on with respect to the true extent of the Fukushima catastrophe, the actual plant itself, was built in a hurried way, using cost and labor-cutting shortcuts, and the end result was a true "time bomb."

Mitsuhiko Tanaka says he helped conceal a manufacturing defect in the $250 million steel vessel installed at the Fukushima Dai-Ichi No. 4 reactor while working for a unit of Hitachi Ltd. in 1974. The reactor, which Tanaka has called a “time bomb,”

Inside a blast furnace the size of a small airplane hanger the reactor pressure vessel was being treated one last time to remove welding stress.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/fukushima-smoking-gun-emerges-founding-engineer-says-reactor-4-has-always-been-time-bomb-exp

Edited by Scott
edited for fair use policy

Chopperboy, thanks for the update. A very interesting, albeit, somewhat scary read.

I edited the post down for fair use. Please copy the first 3 sentences and then a link to the article. This is to prevent copyright infringement problems.

Thanks.

Nuclear plant workers developed cancer despite lower radiation exposure than legal limit

-Of 10 nuclear power plant workers who have developed cancer and received workers' compensation in the past, nine had been exposed to less than 100 millisieverts of radiation, it has been learned.

-The revelation comes amid reports that a number of workers battling the crisis at the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant were found to have been exposed to more than the emergency limit of 250 millisieverts, which was raised from the previous limit of 100 millisieverts in March.

-According to Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry statistics, of the 10 nuclear power plant workers, six had leukemia, two multiple myeloma and another two lymphatic malignancy. Only one had been exposed to 129.8 millisieverts but the remaining nine were less than 100 millisieverts, including one who had been exposed to about 5 millisieverts.

http://mdn.mainichi.jp/mdnnews/news/20110727p2a00m0na010000c.html

TEPCO Muzzles Robot Operators Blog

An anonymous worker at Japan’s Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant has written dozens of blog posts describing the ups and downs of his experience as one of the lead robot operators at the crippled facility.

His blog provides a window into the complex and dangerous work environment faced by the operators, a small group of young technicians who, like other front-line personnel, must approach areas of high radiation, deploying remote-controlled robots to assist with efforts to further stabilize and shut down the plant’s four troubled reactors.

The blog posts, were recently deleted after circulating among Japanese Twitter users and bloggers. The blogs depict the operators frustrations with inept supervisors and unreasonable schedules, as well as day to day operation.

Translated extracts of the blogs are still available at:

http://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/industrial-robots/fukushima-robot-operator-diaries

Japan hiding results of Fukushima children’s thyroid cancer screenings in new information blackout

Japan's nuclear watchdog, the Nuclear Safety Commission, has denied public access to the results of thyroid check-ups for more than 1,000 Fukushima children that were exposed to radiation after the March 11 natural disasters made Fukushima Daiichi the worst nuclear accident since Chernobyl.

Critics of Japan’s Nuclear Safety Commission’s decision to hush up the thyroid screens have accused the commission of denying the public accurate information about the crisis.

The Nuclear Safety Commission had earlier uploaded the test results of more than 1,000 children who were checked to see if radioactive substances were accumulating in their thyroids.

http://www.bellona.org/articles/articles_2011/thyroid_coverup

This thread is in danger of being closed. There have been constant violations of fair use policy.

Quote only the first 3 sentences of an article and then post a link.

Not following this policy puts the forum at jeopardy of copyright violation.

The nuclear contamination disaster continues to spread all over Japan and to the U.S. Pacific northwest as discussed at the below link in audio only. There needs to be more world/ international criticism of Japan's handling of the disaster and action because Japan's feudalistic culture tilt prevents them from effectively compelling TEPCO and their government to quickly clean up the mess and stop it from spreading. The contamination lasts for centuries but Japan says only decades. USSR acted quickly to seal off Chernobyl yet there was still a lot a contamination but Japan continues to pump out radiation into the air and ocean that we all use.

http://ifyoulovethisplanet.org/?p=4952

Japanese rent a Geiger counter from local video stores to check for radiation because they don't trust the government/TEPCO monitoring/reporting of radiation contamination.

I wonder about Thailand, however, I think most of the contamination is spreading through Japan toward the US and Canada. When the winds are toward Thailand, I wonder if that is enough to deposit radiation contamination in the rain? How about aircraft that operate between Thailand and Japan or the tuna and other fish that swim thousands of miles from Japan all over the world. Does anyone have a Geiger counter and is anyone checking for radiation in Thailand?

Edited by ronz28

I wonder, has the us 7th fleet returned to the immediate area from where they were based?

The last I read was they were pulling out at the height of the crisis.

If they are still out of the area, might be a good indication of how they percieve the current danger?

in a generally insidious way, there are encroachments on our air, water, soil and bodies going on continually. Radioactivity is just part of the mix. The number and amount of harmful molecules is increasing day by day, year by year. The list of pollutants could fill a fat book, small font. Let's try to at least protect our children to some degree. Those of us residing in Thailand are relatively lucky, in terms of the radioactivity released from Fukushima. However, there are microscopic threats even here. For starters, there's MSG in nearly all cooked food and snack food in Thailand. Add to that, the heavy doses of chemicals sprayed on rice and most other crops. There are trans fats and caffeine and estrogen and pvc glue fumes, and asbestos and dog doo dust....... the list goes on and on. Try to live healthy, or at least try and shelter and educate the kids you influence.