Alert! Real Moon Diamonds Appear On Thailand Streets

Jezz

The old name for Thailand was Siam until 1949. I looked up the meaning of Siam to discover it means 'Freedom', 'Land of freedom' or 'Land of the free'. Believed to have originated in Siam, the Siamese cat here, known as wichien-maat means 'moon diamond'. That probably explains why so many late night prowling street cats meow, fight and generally run amok to the huge annoyance of slumbering humans. Apparently, many early Siamese cats were cross-eyed to compensate 'for the abnormal uncrossed wiring of the optic chiasm'. Many had a kink in their tails too. My theory is, the moon diamonds became cross-eyed and ended up with kinky tails resulting from receiving invitations to go away from agitated human feet - in a kind and gentle fashion of course! However, in the Land of Freedom, free means free. Carry on cats.

Nice piece of text :licklips:

Can you be the house-columnist for my website-under-construction-mainly-for-expats ?

I'm sure you will need a real expert for that. But by all means contact me by PM or email. Only pleasant suggestions, please!

Strange post. The name was changed around 1934 from Siam (which means dark or dark-skinned) to Pathet Thai which means land free, in English Thailand.

You and the OP are both, at least partially, right (assuming that 1939 is "around 1934" and dispite the OP's post making no sense and being a waste of his time and those reading it). From Wikianswers:

"The country's official name was Siam (Thai: สยาม; IPA: [saˈjaːm], RTGS: Sayam origin unknown) until 23 June 1939,[3], when it was changed to Thailand; it was renamed Siam between 1945 and 11 May 1949, after which the name Thailand was once again adopted. The word Thai (ไทย) is not, as commonly believed to be, derived from the word Tai (ไท) meaning "free" in the Thai language; it is, however, the name of an ethnic group from the central plains (the Thai people).[citation needed] A famous Thai scholar argued that Tai (ไท) simply means "people" or "human being" since his investigation shows that in some rural areas the word "Tai" was used instead of the usual Thai word "khon" (คน) for people [4]. With that in mind the locals seemed to have also accepted the alternative meaning and will verbally state that it means "Land of the free". This might be due to language barriers and the avoidance of long difficult explanations.

Read more: http://wiki.answers....d#ixzz1GeBVqwXP".

What ever motivated the OP to write the original post, may I politely suggest that, the next time you feel so motivated, try masturbation -- you will be better off and so will we......

Edited by Thailaw

Strange post. The name was changed around 1934 from Siam (which means dark or dark-skinned) to Pathet Thai which means land free, in English Thailand.

You and the OP are both, at least partially, right (assuming that 1939 is "around 1934" and dispite the OP's post making no sense and being a waste of his time and those reading it). From Wikianswers:

"The country's official name was Siam (Thai: สยาม; IPA: [saˈjaːm], RTGS: Sayam origin unknown) until 23 June 1939,[3], when it was changed to Thailand; it was renamed Siam between 1945 and 11 May 1949, after which the name Thailand was once again adopted. The word Thai (ไทย) is not, as commonly believed to be, derived from the word Tai (ไท) meaning "free" in the Thai language; it is, however, the name of an ethnic group from the central plains (the Thai people).[citation needed] A famous Thai scholar argued that Tai (ไท) simply means "people" or "human being" since his investigation shows that in some rural areas the word "Tai" was used instead of the usual Thai word "khon" (คน) for people [4]. With that in mind the locals seemed to have also accepted the alternative meaning and will verbally state that it means "Land of the free". This might be due to language barriers and the avoidance of long difficult explanations.

Read more: http://wiki.answers....d#ixzz1GeBVqwXP".

What ever motivated the OP to write the original post, may I politely suggest that, the next time you feel so motivated, try masturbation -- you will be better off and so will we......

Understandably, the extreme effort you put in to come up with all this 'interesting information', has resulted in arousing a huge desire to go to sleep, never mind the remedy suggested.