15 Days Stamp Back To 30 Days

Went to Mai Sai for a 15 days stamp the other day as I am leaving to renew visa soon and I was expecting a 15 day stamp however I got a stamp by the looks of it for 30 days I went on the 13th so the stamp should of been for depature on 27th of March however I got a stamp what looks like the 11th April or the 1st April either way its not 15 days

Anyone else getting 30 day stamps from Mai Sai or other offices.

DK

Might be a mistake, but it also depends on your nationality. Some nationalities get 30 days when entering at a land border because they have a mutual agreement with Thailand.

If it is a mistake, best is to have it corrected. Despite being it a mistake from immigration, they can fine you for overstay if you stay longer than 15 days.

when your normal 30 day visa on arrival has expired can you still extend it by 10 days at the immigration office?

or maybe i'm still dreaming about the 'good old days' at the back of the sailor bar!!

nevertheless,i'll trot on down to jomtien with my 500 baht fee to see what they've got on offer....umm,probably dreaming about the 'good old days' price as well!!

Despite being it a mistake from immigration, they can fine you for overstay if you stay longer than 15 days.

Nuff said!!

yes, probably one of their gems which sleeped through the change of the rule and just woke up from his long power nap, they don't even have a deterrent to do their work right as in the end, we are the only ones going to pay for our and their mistakes :lol: great!

when your normal 30 day visa on arrival has expired can you still extend it by 10 days at the immigration office?

or maybe i'm still dreaming about the 'good old days' at the back of the sailor bar!!

nevertheless,i'll trot on down to jomtien with my 500 baht fee to see what they've got on offer....umm,probably dreaming about the 'good old days' price as well!!

The max extension would be 7 days for 1,900 baht and may require proof of flight out to obtain. There is no official category for such extension of stay. This is an under review period that will be disapproved (but in effect allows 7 days).

You might be better served with a border trip for 15 day visa exempt if eligible.

Might be a mistake, but it also depends on your nationality. Some nationalities get 30 days when entering at a land border because they have a mutual agreement with Thailand.

If it is a mistake, best is to have it corrected. Despite being it a mistake from immigration, they can fine you for overstay if you stay longer than 15 days.

Im from the UK

Just wondering if anyone else has got a 30 day but since no replies I will make a trip to CM immigration and check with them if its a mistake or not.