Wrap A Car

Ppl. around here have been painting us cars and others flat black seens i was a kid .. doing it with vinyl only makes it more expensive i gues! biggrin.gif

Watched on TV 'Turbo' program was a few years old but they wrapped and old VW Transporter, cost 1,200 GBP, the cost of a full respray would have been 2,000 GBP so is cheaper..

My only question would be on any car, but take the Nissan above, your parked and some other driver just grasses the front corner, paint would be an easy fix, but wrap ? you would have to have the whole of that front re-wrapped I guess that would be far more expensive.

That is just me I have had the from bumper grassed 3 time on 2 different cars and 2 times on the rear of the pickup, all in Supermarket car parks, also had something fall off a truck bounce and hit the top of the front wing on the pickup = small dent, would that be a full front wing wrap ?

Ppl. around here have been painting us cars and others flat black seens i was a kid .. doing it with vinyl only makes it more expensive i gues! biggrin.gif

Watched on TV 'Turbo' program was a few years old but they wrapped and old VW Transporter, cost 1,200 GBP, the cost of a full respray would have been 2,000 GBP so is cheaper..

My only question would be on any car, but take the Nissan above, your parked and some other driver just grasses the front corner, paint would be an easy fix, but wrap ? you would have to have the whole of that front re-wrapped I guess that would be far more expensive.

That is just me I have had the from bumper grassed 3 time on 2 different cars and 2 times on the rear of the pickup, all in Supermarket car parks, also had something fall off a truck bounce and hit the top of the front wing on the pickup = small dent, would that be a full front wing wrap ?

That is something to consider, I am having my white bonnet done in Kevlar this will certainly be cheaper than the real thing!!

That is something to consider, I am having my white bonnet done in Kevlar this will certainly be cheaper than the real thing!!

A lot heavier too ;):whistling:...

I have a couple of questions:-

1. How much to have the bonnet wrapped on your vehicle.

2. Does anybody know if 'wrapping is available in Korat.

Tas

The bonnet is costing 5000 bht for Kevlar look, saw another car at the workshop with this done and it looked fantastic!!

Now .. whats´ the price per 1 liter flat black paint again? whistling.gif

When you have found out let us all know!!!

Tas

The bonnet is costing 5000 bht for Kevlar look, saw another car at the workshop with this done and it looked fantastic!!

£100 for your hood having stick on kevlar look that everyone knows is stick on stuff. :crying: Must say l have never seen a ride MADE of kevlar that isn't painted to hide it. :huh:

Tas

£100 for your hood having stick on kevlar look that everyone knows is stick on stuff. :crying: Must say l have never seen a ride MADE of kevlar that isn't painted to hide it. :huh:

So you don't like it then each to there own!!! 2nd comment what the <deleted>

I do think that price is kind of high, this is just film basically and the hood (bonnet to our cross the ponds cousins.)I just had high quality done on my car windows for only 3500b with removal of the old tint included..

The hood has no real difficult details that warrant such a high price in my opinion though the carbon fiber film is usually actual carbon fiber with adhesive added which is much of the cost..

I do think that price is kind of high, this is just film basically and the hood (bonnet to our cross the ponds cousins.)I just had high quality done on my car windows for only 3500b with removal of the old tint included..

The hood has no real difficult details that warrant such a high price in my opinion though the carbon fiber film is usually actual carbon fiber with adhesive added which is much of the cost..

I agree I thought at the time the price was high but modifying is never cheap and there is a waiting list for me to have the graphics done on my car, whilst at the workshop I saw another car with the Kevlar applied and it looked amazing and impossible to tell from the real thing. you say carbon fiber this is kevlar which is a different look so I am assuming this is why it is expensive, the total cost of the graphics is going to be approx 17,000 bht and this is cheaper than the UK, the work they have done on my car so far is absolutely perfect, obviously I would have loved it to be a lot cheaper but cars are not cheap. the finished car will look amazing in my opinion..

I agree I thought at the time the price was high but modifying is never cheap and there is a waiting list for me to have the graphics done on my car, whilst at the workshop I saw another car with the Kevlar applied and it looked amazing and impossible to tell from the real thing. you say carbon fiber this is kevlar which is a different look so I am assuming this is why it is expensive, the total cost of the graphics is going to be approx 17,000 bht and this is cheaper than the UK, the work they have done on my car so far is absolutely perfect, obviously I would have loved it to be a lot cheaper but cars are not cheap. the finished car will look amazing in my opinion..

Been looking at different forums regarding the fitting and cost of this carbon kevlar and people have said the cost can be between £175 and £200 just for the bonnet so I think I have been quoted about the right price, also people have said this has to be fitted by experts as any small blemish etc would just look bad, I am happy with the cost quoted for all my graphics it is about on par with the UK

Kenny999, Kevlar is yellow, why would you want a yellow bonnet ?

I know nothing about yellow kevlar only the black kevlar that will be applied to my car!!!

It would appear there are different kevlar colours, what ever it is that will be going on my car it is certainly not yellow..

Yeah Kenny, Kevlar is yellow, and only comes in yellow.

That vest has a black carrier, the kevlar is inside.

Maybe you thinking of a Carbon Kevlar which will look black but have yellow within it.

Ah okay yes then I am having Carbon Kevlar installed, thanks that is interesting, you learn something everyday lol