New Member Introduction And Need Advice

tmontana

hello everybody, this is my first post so let me introduce myself. my name is alan and im a 25 year old male from dublin, ireland. i have only been to phuket once for 2 weeks but fell in love with it. after some personal problems lately i have decided to go and live in phuket for a few months to clear my head. i was thinking of going over in january or feb for around 3 months to start off with.i have a couple of question i would like to ask you people

1 are there any irish people or people who speak on this site living in phuket who would be willing to meet up with me for a few drinks when i go over to ireland and show mw around for a day or two

2 what part of phuket would be best to just relax and lie on the beech for a few months with not many people hassling you to buy stuff from them etc

3 how much approx am i looking at per month for a place in january, i dont want anything fancy, just a TV, fridge, aircon, and one bedroom. i dont mind a ten minute walk from the beech but not much more

4 what is the weather like in january in phuket !

well these are just some of my questions , no doubt ill have more for you guys soon but if anybody can help me with these questions that would be super

looking forward to hearing from you

alan

Hi Tony.. Anlgo Irish here.. Co Cork / Catletownbere

Theres a few about and lots of visitors (I have 2 Irish buddies that come over a lot maybe 4 times a year).. And anyway the expat community is pretty welcoming.. Have a fair few Jocks who are always up for a bevvy and the craic can be fearce..

I am around Patong and wouldnt have it any other way.. Like the bar life and theres a fun bunch of expats..

Would be happy to hook up (we can even go and hunt downsome of the dark stuff) and blow the froth of a couple when your here.. Can introduce you around the younger expat crowd thats about and you need have no fear of being alone or bored..

1 bed apartment (not studio flat) in Patong would be 10 - 15k at a guess.. Know of a nice place with pool that is usually 13k or so and some good lads living there.. problem is January is high season still (tail end admitedly) so availablity of good places gets tougher.. dont worry about 10 mins to the beach, just get a scooter... Will be happy to help you hunt one down when you arrive..

Edited by LivinLOS

cheers for the reply mate, it was exactly what im looking for because i have no sense of direction and would have ended up going over there and wandering around getting ripped off and getting lost.

do you know a bar called the fire rose in soi something. i met a girl called Kai there when i was there and would like to spend another night with her if i go over again

also do you have MSN and a headset, if so we could have a chat for free and you could fill me in my email address is [email protected]

tell us a bit about yourself mate, whats your name , how old are you, how long are you in phuket.........

when does low season start? are the prices you mentioned for high season(now) or low season?

im delighted to know there is someone willing to show me around.

thanks again mate

hope we will chat on MSN,

alan

Theres loads of people to show you about...

I dont want to give my life story out on the forum (the warrants may not have expired yet :o ) but am happy to chat.. I use Skype for audio mostly much clearer than msn..

I seem to remember a fire house or fire hose bar.. Struggling to think but it may have been Soi Seapearl.. Also Kai / Gai / Etc is a common Thai name.. Dont worry there always more great girls..

Emailing my details