Home/Business

i have seen in thai a new build home/business,, where the building as a shop front for business and 2 upper levals for living accomadation,,,any one know how to go about buying,i want to buy and run a business,with no thai connection ie wife, any information please.

Let's move this over to the business forum. :)

A biggie will be the work permit. Do you have one?

no i do not have a work permit, i dont doubt it will be a mine field trying to buy a home/business,,, just looking at my options,has im not marriad to a Thai,i dont like to lease,i like to own ,i think its better to own,if its possible,

It sounds like you are ticking all the wrong boxes, looks like a no goer to me, sorry this Thailand not the west, rules are different here, take a good look around you, might I suggest a book that was mentioned to me. "Investment Guide to Thailand." Bruce Bickerstaff, from Silkworm Books (Chiang Mai) Shrewd in Sydney and London does not mean shrewd in Thailand.

You can establish a limited company in order to run your business but it must be majority owned by Thais (you can set up a preferential shares arrangement whereby allowing you voting control), 2 million baht in capitalization and 4 Thai employees will allow you a work permit.

A foreigner can own the house but not the land either in his name or through his company as a shareholder.

Sunbelt Asia has extensive experience in setting up limited companies and in obtaining the necessary lease agreements for house purchases.

http://www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com

If getting involved in wanting to own a town house and establish a business there - I can only recommend you contact a good lawyer company, used to dealing with foreigners, such as Sunbelt.

I have used Sunbelt for both visa, serviced office, setting up business and other services. I have compared their pricing with other similar lawyers and find their prices competitive.

Unless they have changed policy, the first talk with them - describing the services you would need, explaining the rules and regulations and giving you a cost idea is free of charge.

Hmmm.... nope, I don't work there - or have any financial ties with them - so before somebody accuses me of that; Sunbelt's coffee was not that good! ;)

Cheers!