Flounder

Goinghomesoon

Was cooking some flounder tonight (in a nice parmesan crust, if you're interested :jap: ). Hubby has never seen this fish before - not surprising since he's from near the Lao border. What is it in Thai? I'm assuming it's fished locally as the fillets we bought came from Klong Toey market.

Pla Lin Ma is the local Sole or 'Tongue Fish', not a Flounder.

But as Flounders aren't from this side of the world you might be right and that was the fish the OP was cooking.

The only other flat fish I can think of in the local markets would be Pla Seek Diaw (Indian Halibut).

Sounds delicious, which ever fish it was!

Thanks! It certainly tasted like flounder, whatever it was. I ordered it from the food delivery service (google HH Fresh Food Delivery Bangkok).

Super-easy recipe too - mix together one third cup of finely grated parmesan, couple of tablespoons of flour, few shakes of salt, pepper, paprika (and for Isaan hubby a few shakes of dried chilli). Beat an egg and a splash of milk together. Drag the fish through the egg mixture & cover with the parmesan crusty stuff. Bake in a medium oven for about 25 mins until crispy & brown.