Vets In Bangkok

bkkmei

Hi

one of the dogs that hangs around our apartment block was apparently attacked by other dogs and is now limping... I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend a good vet who would they be willing to come over & visit?

How much do you think it would cost?

It's not my dog, I don't think it's anyones dog. I never had a dog before so don't know much about them or how to handle them.

thanks for any help you can offer. we're around suk 31.

Hi

one of the dogs that hangs around our apartment block was apparently attacked by other dogs and is now limping... I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend a good vet who would they be willing to come over & visit? 

How much do you think it would cost?

It's not my dog, I don't think it's anyones dog.  I never had a dog before so don't know much about them or how to handle them.

thanks for any help you can offer.  we're around suk 31.

Limping ,

1 infection wound

2 bone fracture > x'ray , splint/bandage

3 paralyse from spinal cord injured > x'ray ,ultrasound

where i recommend you to go (in case 2 and 3) goto The Fac. of Vet med Chulalongkon University , Henry Dunant, Rd .. the cheapest .. coz i bet if that dog has a prob with 1 'n 2 well u have to piad bloody much around Suk

in case 1 infection wound u can see open wound / pus ..etc .. this case you can do it ,

1 shaved hair around the wound site

2 wound dressing

2.1 clean water , from tab is fine

2.2 Hydrogen Peroxide for dirty wound , but dont do it often , coz it has oxidation effect and will make a prob with wound healing process

2.3 use Betadine (my have to flush in case that wound is deep)

for wound dressing , u can do it 1-2 time a day , but next time just water > betadine

3 antibiotic

Sulfa trimethroprim 30 mg/ kg ( u can find 240 /480 mg per tab in drug store) 2 times a day

or

Norfloxacin 10 mg/ kg (100 /200/400 mg) 2 times a days

for ABO, give a dog till would is healing and close

estimate weight in street dog ~ 15 kg

Bambi :o