New Visa When Previous One Still Valid ?

Hi,

I got a non-Imm O from Hull in July 2010

I wanted to stay until October 2011 but have to go back home earlier... :(

I will come back Thailand in April

1- Do you know if I can ask for a new non-Imm O when my previous one is still valid until July ?

BTW, I heard you can now get a non-Imm O from Hull

by showing copy of a condo "chanote" in your name.

I do not see that option in Hull documentation ??

2- Does anyone already got one non-Imm O this way ?

Get a re-entry stamp cost 1,000baht at Immigration, your present '0' to July you do a Visa run just before the end date and get another 90 days, to really your present '0' is good till October.

Edited by ignis

He does not want or need a re-entry permit - any entry on a multi entry non immigrant O visa gets a new 90 day stay while visa is valid.

Any active visa should be canceled prior to issue of a new one. Yes people have obtained on show of condo or lease paperwork from Hull. Hull no longer will issue on basis of visiting friends.

Any active visa should be canceled prior to issue of a new one.

Yes people have obtained on show of condo or lease paperwork from Hull.

Thanks lopburi3 for your precise answers :jap:

To cancel a visa would be a first time for me;

Do I have to make that at Immigration in Thailand ? at airport ? or is it something Hull consulate could do ?

Lop/Mario etc are the experts, but I will chime in anyways.

Oct 2006 I went to Perth and obtained a non-imm multi, then in April 2007 I flew to Denver (my non-imm multi from Perth was still valid), When I returned to Thailand I had my passport marked at the page of the new visa and explained in Thai that I had an older visa that needed to be cancelled. They stamped it cancelled at the airport on the way back in.

It probably would have been best had I cancelled it on the way out, but Denver had a few challenging reports prior to that so I didn't want to risk them rejecting my application for a new non-imm multi.

jd

Immigration will cancel your current Visa if you exit without a re-entry permit.

Before you come back to Thailand, apply for a new Visa from your local Thai Embassy or Consulate.

Not accurate as he has a multi-entry-non-imm

OP did not state has a multi entry visa, just an O-A Visa from Hull that was issued October 2010.

Let it expire or cancelled, then re-apply when the OP plans to return in April 2012 well after th Visa has expired. No need for a re-entry permit.

Edited by TacoBoy

Hi,

I contacted Hull yesterday :

1- About getting a new visa when one still valid :

You can apply for a new O visa before the current one expires.

We will have to cancel the existing visa.

Good :)

2- about getting a non-Imm O Multi visa on the base of "Visiting a Thai & owning a condo"

(this option just disappeared in their 9 March 2011 online documentation)

We can only issue you with the Non Immigrant O visa

if you meet the attached criteria.

Sad :(

I am 48 yo and will have to find another visa solution for these 2 years before I am 50...

OP did not state has a multi entry visa, just an O-A Visa from Hull that was issued October 2010.

Let it expire or cancelled, then re-apply when the OP plans to return in April 2012 well after th Visa has expired. No need for a re-entry permit.

OP clearly stated a non immigrant O visa which was issued in July and that he intended to stay for 15 months using it (October 2011). It was not O-A and visa would not be canceled on exit.

Hi,

I contacted Hull yesterday :

1- About getting a new visa when one still valid :

You can apply for a new O visa before the current one expires.

We will have to cancel the existing visa.

Good :)

2- about getting a non-Imm O Multi visa on the base of "Visiting a Thai & owning a condo"

(this option just disappeared in their 9 March 2011 online documentation)

We can only issue you with the Non Immigrant O visa

if you meet the attached criteria.

Sad :(

I am 48 yo and will have to find another visa solution for these 2 years before I am 50...

Thanks for posting. This is a very important development for those of us from the UK who are unmarried, not working and under 50 years old and (who had been) intending to use the Non Immigrant O Visa for continued long term residence. Having recently dropped the "visiting family & friends" criteria it looked like a "to reside in Thailand" category was achievable with a property rental contract. It appears they've done an about turn, dropped the latter and reinstated the former with no "friends" criteria.

Not good news as my ED visa is in its twilight years......

Edited by TCA