Bang Sareh (Saleh)

swissie

When I and wife used to live in Pattaya (2003-2004) and whenever Pattaya got a bit "too much for us", we usually went to Bang Sareh for a few days. Back then, what a charming and peaceful place ! Basically a fishing village, Farangs were few and far between.

We have been in Thailand many a times in the meantime, but we never made it back to Bang Sareh! The question is adressed to Farangs that have been in the aerea for a while. = What does it look like today? Hotel Complexes springing up, Mc Donalds and Burger-King already in place etc. etc ?

This is almost an anectote: Back then, driving along the beach northward (starting at the pier), just before the beach-road takes a sharp rigth turn toward the highway, there used to be a guy from Finland that had a restaurant just in the very corner. In the back of that property, there were 2 Rai of land for sale (2003). The asking price was 30'000 Bht per Rai back then. At that time, my wife found this to be "too much". He He !

So, whenever my wife wants to sanction me about something these days (like smoking too much, burping too much, etc.), I mention casually the Bang Sareh opportunity. After that, peace & qiet reigns again !

Cheers.

No McD yet but a few bars and a lot of new shophouses on the main road down from the roundabout to the temple.

I've seen people trying to get 6 million Baht for beachfront land down there!!! But also seen it reduced to 2.5 million.

Is that per rai? If so, I'd take it!

No McD yet but a few bars and a lot of new shophouses on the main road down from the roundabout to the temple.

I've seen people trying to get 6 million Baht for beachfront land down there!!! But also seen it reduced to 2.5 million.

Is that per rai? If so, I'd take it! The prices I have seen recently have been much more than that...even inland...