Hitch Your Tow Bar To This Rear Bumper, Does Holden Have Competition?

Once Cadillac and Lincoln made pick ups I vowed never to be surprised by a luxury carmaker's decisions again...until now.

I don't like it and don't see the point. I think it cheapens the BMW name and would only be bought by racerboys.

However, Merc has been making truck-trucks and vans for years and that didn't cheapen their name.

My only hope is that this is just a prototype that never sees the showroom floor.

I agree with the styling observations but if you read the article that goes with it it clearly states that it IS a factory BMW prototype M3 pick up but supposedly not for production, it is not the same as the car you pictured above, not even close. It has much wider rear fenders and track along with other features though I have no idea why they'd take the time to play without some possible intention of production in the future, I. E. testing suspension requirements etc. they usually say things like that to cover their real intentions..

I agree with the styling observations but if you read the article that goes with it it clearly states that it IS a factory BMW prototype M3 pick up but supposedly not for production, it is not the same as the car you pictured above, not even close. It has much wider rear fenders and track along with other features though I have no idea why they'd take the time to play without some possible intention of production in the future, I. E. testing suspension requirements etc. they usually say things like that to cover their real intentions..

lmao, hows those blinkers your wearing, obviously did not read the ZTechnik/Jalopnik link I put up.

As for the images I linked, wow Einstein thanks for pointing out it is a different vehicle.................................... I thought that was obvious from my post.

Edited by Spoonman

Everyone has different tastes, I could not even get in one but loads of them here Daihatsu Mira as a pickup, believe they even made a Daihatsu Mira Turbo 'cab' [4 seater ? pickup for tiny people] back in the 80's......... what was/is the point the back is so small.... OK the much newer one are bigger, but the cab is short/small guess would be called a 'single cab :lol:

post-42643-0-45988900-1301133056_thumb.j

This is my cup of tea.

post-41816-0-95236100-1301131490_thumb.j

Sorry T/A wrong again :rolleyes: ..............................That's at least 2 cups...............Laaaaaarge cups ;) ...................Not sure about being full of tea either :P:ph34r: ....

Edited by WarpSpeed

This is my cup of tea.

Sorry T/A wrong again :rolleyes: ..............................That's at least 2 cups...............Laaaaaarge cups ;) ...................Not sure about being full of tea either :P:ph34r: ....

:huh: I hadn't noticed :D

Yours posts Trans reminds me of a story a guy said to me some years back, after discussing cars with him, he said cars to me are like wives you see this beautiful woman and you marry her and about 3 months later you see something else that you want. :lol: :lol:

This is my cup of tea.

:huh: I hadn't noticed :D

Yours posts Trans reminds me of a story a guy said to me some years back, after discussing cars with him, he said cars to me are like wives you see this beautiful woman and you marry her and about 3 months later you see something else that you want. :lol: :lol:

If l had the 67 El Camino and it's owner and wanted something different then l must be due for the funny farm :D.

Interesting. A thread about pickup trucks but not one picture of a real pickup in the entire thread. This is what a pickup truck looks like:

post-25601-0-45643100-1301233744_thumb.j

Look at post No. 10, THAT is a pickup with the right accessories. :)

Nah !! Post No.9 is the <deleted>'s without the accessories, get one of these and the accessories will follow. B)

Interesting. A thread about pickup trucks but not one picture of a real pickup in the entire thread. This is what a pickup truck looks like:

Nah !! Post No.9 is the <deleted>'s without the accessories, get one of these and the accessories will follow. B)

That's a girl's car for carrying groceries.

I didn't want to tell him but now you have then yes IT'S GIRLY. :lol:

Holden truck with GM 7.0-litre V8 LS7Power :- 510 PS ( 503 bhp) (W427) Torque :- 640 N·m (470 ft·lbf) (W427)

This engine was originally used in the Corvette Z06....... if thats girly, it will do me.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Holden truck with GM 7.0-litre V8 LS7Power :- 510 PS ( 503 bhp) (W427) Torque :- 640 N·m (470 ft·lbf) (W427)

This engine was originally used in the Corvette Z06....... if thats girly, it will do me.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have to agree, even if l had to drive it with a paper bag over my head. :lol:

I thought that's how you drive anyways?? Being a Volvo/Vigo driver I would if I were you :lol: ... Funny I just noticed you seem to be stuck in the "V" listing of automobile models..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I thought that's how you drive anyways?? Being a Volvo/Vigo driver I would if I were you :lol: ... Funny I just noticed you seem to be stuck in the "V" listing of automobile models..

I only drive rides that are ''V''elly good, memsaab, ( or is it saheeb ). ( Got my Indian hat on today). :D

If people are modifying BMW's to be pickups why not build them ?

post-42643-0-59755900-1301127730_thumb.j

post-42643-0-24595900-1301127754_thumb.j

Please tell me that E38 7-Series is photoshopped.... if not, that is a rolling travesty.

Oh and that E39 M5 conversion makes me want to barf. Way to take an almost perfect car and ruin it.

Edited by jcon

Please tell me that E38 7-Series is photoshopped.... if not, that is a rolling travesty.

Oh and that E39 M5 conversion makes me want to barf. Way to take an almost perfect car and ruin it.

Different people have different ideas as to what they want..

Years ago a friend bought a brand new Range Rover, 1st stop was a body shop, had it chopped and made into a brand new Range Rover Pickup... Watch 'West Coast Customs' on TV, they had a customer with a new Maybach, customizing the Maybach cost the same about as the as the Maybach itself.

Myself like the other way, outside looks standard, just motor, gearbox, brakes etc modified. Best one is the old VW Transporter/camper van, looks slandered but has the Porsche 3.3 engine, some have the 2.7 and 2,7 Turbo engine and running gear.

Different people have different ideas as to what they want..

Years ago a friend bought a brand new Range Rover, 1st stop was a body shop, had it chopped and made into a brand new Range Rover Pickup... Watch 'West Coast Customs' on TV, they had a customer with a new Maybach, customizing the Maybach cost the same about as the as the Maybach itself.

Myself like the other way, outside looks standard, just motor, gearbox, brakes etc modified. Best one is the old VW Transporter/camper van, looks slandered but has the Porsche 3.3 engine, some have the 2.7 and 2,7 Turbo engine and running gear.

I put a 350 Chevy and auto trans in one of those, great fun. :D