Thailand Rejects Foreign Election Monitors

webfact

Reading some of my young Thai niece's schoolbooks it's no wonder they end up which such a twisted xenophobic view of reality. Taught (indoctrinated) from a very young age how special the Thai people are compared to everyone else. :(

Such a pity that such a beautiful country has such a high % of simpleminded fools populating it.

I could say the same about my country.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading some of my young Thai niece's schoolbooks it's no wonder they end up which such a twisted xenophobic view of reality. Taught (indoctrinated) from a very young age how special the Thai people are compared to everyone else. :(

Such a pity that such a beautiful country has such a high % of simpleminded fools populating it.

Perhaps, not too many farang understood or bothered to find out the rationale behind those primary textbook where phrases and clauses like;

Thai people are special, Thailand is special, we are special people.

Thai people are very fortunate to have a King who is like our father, and a Queen who is like our mother.

Our King and Queen are the greatest royal couple in the whole wide world.

We, the Thai people, are the greatest in the world also.

In our water, there are abundancy of fish and in our field, there are golden rice paddies.

There is no other country on this earth that can compare with our beloved Thailand.

We love our King and Queen, we love our Country and we love our religion;

appearing to encourage children and youngsters to focus on Thailand, her wonderful King and Queen.

Would anyone consider such national slogan as simple minded? Surely not in a million years. :jap:

Long live King and Queen of Thailand. :wai:

We love you very much too. And we are also overwhelmed by all your graciousness and benevolence bestowed upon everyone.

:wai::wai::wai:

Edited by vont

monitors don't have to be "the westerners", they might be from asean or from any other country in the world.

as suthep does not respect westerners, than equally the westerners should not respect this corrupt and ignorant military put government.

decline all proposal for observers - the right step to stay put in an authoritarian form of government thailand always was.

anyway, general elections are sham and show for the poor, if there is no an alternative political force to the present socio-economic system

if this is the attitude of foreigners who have made Thailand their home then i am not surprised at all by Suthep's comment

i feel just the same.........

i have said all along that Abhisit should have dumped Suthep after the red revolution was put down

he should have dumped all blame on him for any shortcomings during the crisis and given him a minister without portfolio job, a new passport and a sizeable bank account in Switzerland

then installed Korn as deputy PM

that would have been the dream ticket........

The lotus leaf is shrinking and the elephant is showing.

Go on then, Meadish, you'll have to explain this one to me.

On a separate point, Suthep is the 'tough fixer' of the Democrat party. He will make deals with the real filthy parties to get the Dems where they want to be. In the murky, violent world of Thai politics with its regional godfathers and massive corruption, the 'saintly' politicians like Abhisit and Korn would get nowhere without allies who know how to get things done.

These types of politicians speak an earthy Thai which is greatly appreciated by the masses. I guess he used the นับถือ 'naptheu'. Possibly it could be translated as "I don't kowtow to foreigners."

The feeling is mutual.

;)

I'd like to say the same but wouldn't lower myself to his childish, one-dimensional outlook. I will say, though, that a swift and easy colonisation by the Brits or Froggies would have made a huge difference to this 'we are the shit' attitude.

Suthep: "I don't respect 'farangs'. We do not have to surrender to them"

seems to be an honest man who speaks out what he thinks and in my [not so] humble view he has the right to do so. monitoring of elections, no matter by whom it's done, would be humiliating Thailand.

eat your hearts out Thai haters! B)

And just about every other country. What country teaches their people to believe they're 2nd to somebody else?

I think proof of this is many of the westerners who post here and make comments about the Thai people being beneath them when it comes to almost every aspect.

Anybody interested should Google the word "exceptionalism" and check out the first link.

God bless America ... and no where else laugh.gifbah.gif

Edited by Nisa

i have said all along that Abhisit should have dumped Suthep after the red revolution was put down

he should have dumped all blame on him for any shortcomings during the crisis and given him a minister without portfolio job, a new passport and a sizeable bank account in Switzerland

From all its appearance, SuThep seems to be the one in the middle of every little detail.

He concocted the current form of Democratic Party as we see it in alliance with other political parties to form the current govt.

Imho, because of his eagerness to ascend and to seize control, he gave up too many power ministerial posts, such as Senate Leadership, Minister of Defense etc.,

To out him at this time would be almost an impossible task.

At this time, it is doubtful whether the current govt would be able to return per se, imho. :ermm:

There are some ongoing discussion involving current govt extending a welcome hand to Tuxsin's cronies party to form a new govt.

So they all can join in the grand feast of diverting Thai national treasury which appears to be each party's ultimate hidden agenda.

However, there is a giant barrier barring all these corruptions to take place and join forces--

SonThi LimThongKul and his weaponless army currently congregating and demonstrating for Apisit govt to:

1 immediately stop surrendering Thailand sovereignty to other nations by immediately withdrawing from JBC;

2 immediately null and void MOU agreement with Cambodian which will lead to surrendering Thai soil to Cambodian, and;

3 immediately notify and if necessary use force to remove any and all illegal encroachment by former Cambodian refugees upon Thai soil since 1970 when International Redcross and UNESCO brokeraged a parcel of Thai soil for Cambodian refugees to settle upon temporarily.

Today, March 26, 2011, the Apisit govt and the senate are engineering to meet perhaps behind close door trying to pass by majority vote the acceptance of the prior 3 JBC meeting minutes which contain acceptance of its wording and content per se,

which also will include the acceptance of the illegal French drawn map of 1904? to redefine Thailand current sovereignty to favor Cambodian HuSen in exchange for.... something current unknown and undisclosed to Thai public....

TODAY, It appears the balance of Thai sovereignty and Thai Kingdom as we all know and enjoy.... might be changed forever....

if Apisit and his crooked ministerials could have their way to pass that resolution accepting the 3 JBC meeting minutes.

Shame, shame and more shame. :(:ermm::annoyed:

From all its appearance, SuThep seems to be the one in the middle of every little detail.

He concocted the current form of Democratic Party as we see it in alliance with other political parties to form the current govt.

Imho, because of his eagerness to ascend and to seize control, he gave up too many power ministerial posts, such as Senate Leadership, Minister of Defense etc.,

At this time, it is doubtful whether the current govt would be able to return per se, imho. :ermm:

There are some ongoing discussion involving current govt extending a welcome hand to Tuxsin's cronies party to form a new govt.

So they all can join in the grand feast of diverting Thai national treasury which appears to be each party's ultimate hidden agenda.

However, there is a giant barrier barring all these corruptions to take place and join forces--

SonThi LimThongKul and his weaponless army currently congregating and demonstrating for Apisit govt to:

1 immediately stop surrendering Thailand sovereignty to other nations by immediately withdrawing from JBC;

2 immediately null and void MOU agreement with Cambodian which will lead to surrendering Thai soil to Cambodian, and;

3 immediately notify and if necessary use force to remove any and all illegal encroachment by former Cambodian refugees upon Thai soil since 1970 when International Redcross and UNESCO brokeraged a parcel of Thai soil for Cambodian refugees to settle upon temporarily.

Today, March 26, 2011, the Apisit govt and the senate are engineering to meet perhaps behind close door trying to pass by majority vote the acceptance of the prior 3 JBC meeting minutes which contain acceptance of its wording and content per se,

which also will include the acceptance of the illegal French drawn map of 1904? to redefine Thailand current sovereignty to favor Cambodian HuSen in exchange for.... something current unknown and undisclosed to Thai public....

TODAY, It appears the balance of Thai sovereignty and Thai Kingdom as we all know and enjoy.... might be changed forever....

if Apisit and his crooked ministerials could have their way to pass that resolution accepting the 3 JBC meeting minutes.

What are you babbling about? Form a coherent thought and get back to us. :jap:

And just about every other country. What country teaches their people to believe they're 2nd to somebody else?

I think proof of this is many of the westerners who post here and make comments about the Thai people being beneath them when it comes to almost every aspect.

Anybody interested should Google the word "exceptionalism" and check out the first link.

Wenn ich Kultur höre ... entsichere ich meinen Browning!"

"Whenever I hear of culture... I release the safety catch of my Browning!"

Nazi playwright

Hanns Johst

All that matters at the end of the day is who is the strongest, militarily and economically.

Sorry, if you do not know what I am squirting about in sums and substances, then probably it is best that you do not dwell in this subject.

It won't make too much different to many anyway.

It is just awful shame and waste to see some traitors parceling away Thailand sovereignty without shame, for personal benefits, at the expense of Thai people and vested interests since ions. :(

Sorry, if you do not know what I am squirting about in sums and substances, then probably it is best that you do not dwell in this subject.

It won't make too much different to many anyway.

It is just awful shame and waste to see some traitors parceling away Thailand sovereignty without shame, for personal benefits, at the expense of Thai people and vested interests since ions. :(

Again - see question above.

What are these "personal benefits" these "traitors" are gaining?

"I don't respect 'farangs'. We

do not have to surrender to them"

the Great Suthet speaks! Abisit would be so much better off without this loose canon ball - what a diplomat! maybe a candidate for the UN Chair?

PS he forget's his boss is an British Passport Holder and his education was in the place 'he doesn't respect'

So he says but drive 100% Sure a foreign Car, sends his Children to Schools wit foreign Curriculum likes to eat Foreign Food uses Foreign electronics, has foreign Furniture in his home and makes Holiday in a Foreign Countrys listens to foreign Music watches Foreign Movies wears foreign Cloth everything what is modern in this Country is from Foreigners and partly operated by them Skytrain Subway, AIRPORT....... HaHaHa Typical Pseudo Thai first speak after Think...

and by the way I almost forgot A GERMAN GUY HAS COMPOSED THE MELODY OF THE THAI NATIONAL ANTHEM

and where the Person is born and educated a few levels higher as Abhisit is in a foreign Country as well ... just google it.

Edited by wallcracks

What are these "personal benefits" these "traitors" are gaining?

PERSONAL INTERESTS:

Perhaps unsuspecting to many farang, these duputies are also in control of many numerous biz ventures chaired by different members of the family.

These family controlled biz are in the front line to receive concessions from Camb HuSen et al. Look into concessions granted by HuSen to explore and develop marines and mineral deposits and decide for yourself if those concessions are called personal interests and conflicting interests in more developed countries.

TRAITORS:

Any one or group, such as SuThep and ChitChop family including any and all those who are going to raise their hands TODAY, to accept and pass the resolution involving the 3 records of JBC meeting minutes which include the acceptance of the 1904 French illegally drawn up map to subdivide Thai sovereignty, particularly those parcels of land around PraVeeHarn and the now infamous French drawn 1:200,000 scale map; to enable other 6 nations to join Thailand on Thai soil to redefine Thailand territorial and Thailand map as we know it today.

So the parcels of land would be in the hand of the farang to help Thailand and Cambodia manage world tourist biz involving ancient relics such as PraVeeHarn temple.

The point is, I am afraid, there are many deputies who care more about profits and personal interests than keeping Thailand sovereignty for their children, for Thailand and most importantly for the Royal family vested interests.

Shame, shame and more shame. :annoyed:

Suthep: "I don't respect 'farangs'. We do not have to surrender to them"

seems to be an honest man who speaks out what he thinks and in my [not so] humble view he has the right to do so. monitoring of elections, no matter by whom it's done, would be humiliating Thailand.

eat your hearts out Thai haters! B)

is it anymore humiliating than having a military coup ever few years and a reputation as a corrupt land? Is it more humiliating than having a reputation as a haven for pedophiles, and in having Pattaya known worldwide as a magnet for depraved perverts? Is it anymore humiliating than be caught using child labour or abuse of refugees?

Many countries have had international monitors in the past. Haiti, South Africa and Germany etc. I seem to recall at one time that German elections were held under the auspices of the kindly allied powers as the Germans at that time were incapable of having fair elections. Everyone needs a hand sometimes. Ukraine and Macedonia recently had such monitors. In 2004, in the USA, foreign monitors from the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) were present.

the Great Suthet speaks! Abisit would be so much better off without this loose canon ball - what a diplomat! maybe a candidate for the UN Chair?

PS he forget's his boss is an British Passport Holder and his education was in the place 'he doesn't respect'

So he says but drive 100% Sure a foreign Car, sends his Children to Schools wit foreign Curriculum likes to eat Foreign Food uses Foreign electronics, has foreign Furniture in his home and makes Holiday in a Foreign Countrys listens to foreign Music watches Foreign Movies wears foreign Cloth everything what is modern in this Country is from Foreigners and partly operated by them Skytrain Subway, AIRPORT....... HaHaHa Typical Pseudo Thai first speak after Think...

and by the way I almost forgot A GERMAN GUY HAS COMPOSED THE MELODY OF THE THAI NATIONAL ANTHEM

and where the Person is born and educated a few levels higher as Abhisit is in a foreign Country as well ... just google it.

Not only was it composed by a 'westener', but it also sounds a lot like the French national anthem.

If you don't like westeners, why let them into 'your' country? Also, if you don't respect westeners, how do you feel about your neigbours; Laos, Burma, etc?

I guess we can all agree that regardless of someone's culture - racism is still 100% wrong. That's universal.

This K. Suthet hasn't got all his chairs in one room ! Why would anyone be afraid of the truth ? the truth out, fair elections, no monetary gain for individuals. he should have his brain monitored

I know abit of Thai and I don't think this man didn't really mean he 'disrespects' farangs. In fact the use of the word 'farang' is imformal. He should be very careful with his choice of words if he is a public servant who is very much exposed to media. If he chose to say he disregards foreign intervention into Thai polls, that might be more acceptable.

"I don't respect 'farangs'. We do not have to surrender to them," he said, using the Thai word for "Westerners".

Well who respects Thai politicians...how does 'criminal syndicate' translate in Thai? :whistling:

When they do not have anyone monitor the elections and When there is political anarchy again and a drop in Farrang tourists I am sure he will change his tune.Maybe he is racist because of his black skin :lol:I am sure the odd Thai would have pointed that out to him!

a shame for a leading thai politician to speak such words - but it reflects just the whole situation in thailand - farangs are bullshit and we don't respect them - they are just good for one - spending a lot of money in thailand and maybe for their thai families. suthep should first think before open his mouth!

PERSONAL INTERESTS:

Perhaps unsuspecting to many farang, these duputies are also in control of many numerous biz ventures chaired by different members of the family.

These family controlled biz are in the front line to receive concessions from Camb HuSen et al. Look into concessions granted by HuSen to explore and develop marines and mineral deposits and decide for yourself if those concessions are called personal interests and conflicting interests in more developed countries.

<snip>

Shame, shame and more shame. :annoyed:

Do you know any specifics of these deputies family businesses getting concessions? Or is it just something that you've been told?

A Thai makes a bigoted statement and Americans get bashed?

A Thai makes a bigoted statement and Americans get bashed?

Who is bashing? I was simply comparing national pride. Being an American I used them as an example as well as a line from an American movie called "Head of State" where one of the characters running for President often used the phrase, "God bless America and nowhere else" when he closed a speech.

The bottom line is that I highly doubt he said this to be taken in the context it being viewed by many people here. It is not uncommon for 2nd- in-command type people to make stupid comments. I'm sure his intention was a statement to do with national pride and trying to say it in a strong/emotional way to turn people against the Reds for suggesting outsiders be part of Thai election process.

I by no means am a fan of this guy and think he, again like many 2nd-in-command types, is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Edited by Nisa

All that matters at the end of the day is who is the strongest, militarily and economically.

While true that doesn't make them right ... well it does in the sense they can define to the world what is right or wrong .. but you get what I mean wink.gif

Imagine if a Western politician said he didn't respect a race of people and referred to them with an often derogatory and demeaning racial epithet.

It would be quite rightly be deemed unacceptable and the politician would have to explain and be held responsible for his comments.

Not so here, where Thai people in positions of power know that they are exempt from responsibility for their actions and actively encourage bigotry, racism and nationalism to further their own agendas.