Pepper Spray And Boxes

wpcoe

Pepper spray: Anybody know where to buy it in Pattaya these days? The spray I have now, I bought at the Foodland pharmacy on Pattaya Klang shortly after I moved here about six years ago. Although I've never used it -- and I always carry it when I go for long walks for dog control, just in case -- I figure its half-life must be something less than uranium and I should be looking for a new one. Went to Foodland today and they no longer carry it.

Boxes: I was at Carrefour this afternoon and asked at customer service if they had any cardboard boxes that I could use for an upcoming move. Obvious, that is NOT a standard request, and I was treated with such shock and surprise that I could only manage to get ONE box out of them -- from the back room of the customer service counter after they emptied out the trinkets that were shipped in it. I asked if the stock room would have boxes available, and was told in no uncertain terms: no.

Am I going to face the same situation if I try at Tesco, Makro, Kanyong, etc? I had already shopped at HomePro before going to Carrefour, and forgot to ask at HomePro. Darn.

boxes, most retailers sell them to re-cyclers so the answer would likely be no

pepper spray, go to the 2nd hand market opposite the gas station on Theprassit road

go right to the back to the weapons stall to buy pepper spray from lipstick to Dog the Bounty Hunter size

Boxes, go up Chaiyapruek 2 about 300m up from Sukhumvit on the right next door to the SCB ATM machine is a busy aircon shop they always have stacks of boxes out the back that they will sell you for a small fee - dont forget that second hand cardboard is big business here so dont expect anyone to be dishing out cardboard boxes for free !!

Edited by LennyW

When you buy your spray, try to shoot it into a street drain. Many of the sprays I've bought here either do not work or break when you push the lever down. One even blew up in my hand once as the top completely fell apart. They are cheaply made here and/or imported from China.

Make it a habit... buy it, then go test it. If it breaks, go buy another one and test that one too.

Forgot to add...

After you test it and know it works, test it with a normal blast as if you would shoot it at someone. You NEED to know the size of the blast the container will put out. Some give a huge blast, some not so much. Better to know the range of it in the event you have to use it. And be sure to always know which way the wind is blowing.

• 2 weeks later...