Small Business In Thailand

Hi bros,this is my first time posting here. I am moving to Thailand in April and wish to start a small business :o there with my thai girlfriend. Any recomendation for any type of business and where? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. By the way my girlfriend is staying near Roi-et.

Hello AA -

Welcome.

You probably need to provide more detail. A few questions to start out:

1. What is your objective? If it is to provide income to support a small family plus gf's parents, while building wealth - then you are facing quite a challenge. If you are a rich retiree, just looking to create a legal basis for staying in Thailand,then you could probbaly arrange to run a property, management business - build or buy a building, and then sub-let rooms/apartments/offices.

2. What sort of investment capital do you have to get started?

3. Where will you run your business, and are you trying to earn revenues business-to-consumer (restaurant, internet shop) or business-to-business (advertising agency, website development)" Will you target Thais, or foreigners?

4. On what sort of visa will you enter Thailand?

5. What is your age, and your nationality (each may qualify you for certain programs).

Answer the above questions, and that will probably start the ball rolling.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam Group

www.thaistartup.com

Hi AA -

OK, well - you are either going to sell a product, or a service - or a combination.

So - what do you think you can supply to people (or busineses), that they will want to buy from you?

What are skills, interests, experiences that you can bring to the marketplace?

Do you have 2 million baht to invest in starting a Thai Private Co. Ltd.?

Surviving in Thailand is one thing. Building wealth here is another.

Indo-Siam

You have a much higher chance of success if you don't try to re-invent the wheel. Find a existing business that is for sale because of a "human" reason.. divorce, relocation, retirement, health. Look for a business that has a proven system and has clients. Remember to do your due diligence andf you'll find some GOOD companies available that you can own. Some businesses that the seller will do finance which means a low initial investment with terms.

Look at our website for businesses that you can own. www.sunbeltasia.com

if you wish to start a small company here, do you need 2million in the bank or can you go about it other ways??

if i wanted to just sell on the internet, how do i go about getting a business visa, or is it best to do it using my marriage visa??

any info i would appreciate. :o

A limited company or partnership has no minimum capital requirement. Depending on your nationality you can own up to 100% of the shares under Amity, BOI( one million)

If you are looking to work, under the current Ministry of Labor work permit regulations you would be able to apply for and receive a work permit as long as the job is not prohibited to foreigners and you pay at least 18,000 baht in personal income tax a year.

However, the Ministry of Labor is currently reworking the regulations for the application and renewal of work permits, which might easily include re-instating the requirement of minimum 2 million baht of paid-up capital per working foreigner.

If you are looking to obtain a visa, our firm can help you. www.sunbeltasia.com [email protected]