Where To Get Dvd Burner&media In Bkk

Khun Bob

Hi - can anyone recommend a shop in bkk to get a dvd burner ?  I know in the UK it is possible to get one for £20 approx (1600bt ish)

Also where is a good place to get cheap dvd-r ?  In the UK I was buying for about 10p a disc (7 bt)

Cheers

a) Pantip Plaza

b ) Pantip Plaza

Edited by spog

Thanks for your replies so far

Is there a shop in particualr in the places that you have mentioned that you have got a good price from and good service from.

Last time i bought in panthip plaza there was too much farang price for my liking and i did haggle to get a reasonable price - i just wonder if someone has had a good experience and got a fair price and good service ?

I don't see how most shops in Pantip (or the major IT centers like Fortune, Seri, Zeers, which are basically the same) can give farang prices. The majority have their price lists printed out in plain sight. About the most treatment you can get is to not get the 50 baht discount from haggling.

And I *don't* recommend going to Pantip. It's crowded. It's hard to get to. It's touristy. Other places have similar selection and prices, and are a much better experience overall.

The prices you mention (1600 for DVD writer, 7 baht for media) are a bit unrealistic. You *can* get these prices, but for a slow writer and bargain basement media (not recommended).

The prices i've mentioned are current prices in the UK - aggree not the best but i'm not looking for that.

My experience in panthip hasnt been the same as yours - but it was a year ago...

If you are going to buy a DVD burner, you have to get the NEC 35xx

Just ship around. I always visit 3 shops and get a price. That usually results in a decent price