What Will You Do In 10 Years?

ianbroad

We need to think about why they hate us so much and try to do something about it.

Some clear thinking there F1 :wai:

What if we wake up one day and realize that the terrorist threat is a predictable consequence of our meddling in the affairs of others?

RP 2/12/2009

And before anyone says it.........I do not believe they hate us for our freedoms ;)

of course it's because of freedom they envy and hate you Flying. your freedom to buy pork loin in Publix, a fat polish with kraut at a flea market, a bottle of Bourbon in a liquor shop, the choice of attending service in 17 different churches your hometown is proud of and most of all they hate you because you are allowed to pay interest on your credit card debt. the latter was clearly the reason why they destroyed the World Trade Center.

:whistling:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I see that paying interest on the use of someone else's money has always stuck in Namm's craw. But then I don't like paying service charges to banks for them using my money interest free, either.

But, I don't worry too much about something I don't have any control over, and especially not on someone's imaginary predictions. I"ve been around long enough to remember all sorts of predictions that never came close to being true. I remember when some respected scientist told us that 60% of the world's population was going to die of AIDS related deceases by the year 2000. I remember when they said that the USA was going to have a population of half a billion by year 2000. It's still a bit over the 300 million mark and it's 2011..

In 10 years time I'll be 81. Hopefully, I'll still be healthy enough to still be coming to Thaiand, but I highly doubt if my stamina will be the same as it is now. So, I'll just continue living my life of sin for as long as possible and die with a big smile on my face.

We need to think about why they hate us so much and try to do something about it.

Some clear thinking there F1 :wai:

What if we wake up one day and realize that the terrorist threat is a predictable consequence of our meddling in the affairs of others?

RP 2/12/2009

And before anyone says it.........I do not believe they hate us for our freedoms ;)

I think they fear that economic liberty, religious freedom and democracy pose a threat to their authority.

My prediction for ten years hence, on behalf of Nostradamus:

My children will be substantially older than they are now, and the Earth will still be round.

SC

I will probably be right were I am now. It was a choice I made.I came to Thailand to escape political correctness,womens nazi feminism,taxed on everything I bought, and people who expect the government to be responsible for their lives.

Food, clothing, utilities, hiring any tradesman/professional, taxes, traffic fines :rolleyes: are all much more expensive in the great white north.

Why ruin such a good fantasy with facts? :D

5555...yeh a a nice house near the beach for how much..maybe in Newfoundland, PEI...certainly not in BC....bloody harmonized tax is now ..what 13%? on everything!!!