Cupping

ChiangMaiFun

Fire cupping or simply cupping is a form of traditional medicine found in many cultures worldwide. It involves placing cups containing reduced air pressure (suction) on the skin. It is known in local languages as baguan/baguar, badkesh, banki, bahnkes, bekam, buhang, bentusa, kyukaku, gak hoi, hijama, and many other names.

The various Traditional Chinese medicine people do it.

Munkala, Dr. Wang, Khun Anant and McCormick clinic are the ones I know about.

The way it's approached is a diagnosis that it's needed. Often times they recommend food, movement/lifestyle changes, herb/tea and acupuncture.

It varies from practitioner to practitioner when its best applied.

I have seen the practise of cupping advertised on some of the Chiang Mai spa websites, but they are charging silly prices for this service, for the idle rich I think.

If you have the time, take a look at some of the Chiang Mai spa websites and see what you think.

Perhaps you will consider it is worth the expense, all depends on how much you are willing to pay.

I had it done once in Chinatown,Bangkok about 4 years ago

All the females go into a room first, strip off and are then cupped.

Then all the guys do the same.

Result is we all looked like weird reptiles.

Did,t do any good for me or my wife though :(

I had it done once in Chinatown,Bangkok about 4 years ago

All the females go into a room first, strip off and are then cupped.

Then all the guys do the same.

Result is we all looked like weird reptiles.

Did,t do any good for me or my wife though :(

Is this how they get sorted by B, C, D, 34E cup etc? wink.gif

Edited by uptheos

I have seen the practise of cupping advertised on some of the Chiang Mai spa websites, but they are charging silly prices for this service, for the idle rich I think.

If you have the time, take a look at some of the Chiang Mai spa websites and see what you think.

Perhaps you will consider it is worth the expense, all depends on how much you are willing to pay.

I believe the acupuncturist's charges at McCormick were about 200 Baht, but that was a little while ago.

Obviously the spa's are a rip off and not necessarily done by someone who knows what they're doing.

Thanks for contributions... was hoping to find a nice little therapist (at reasonable cost) who specialized in it but not within some Spa or Hospital setting - you know a Chinese practitioner off Warrarot type of thing