Places To Rent In Chiang Mai

TheFishman1

If ones moving to Chiang Mai is there an area which is the best to rent?I don't want to buy a car yet,and would like to be near or walking distance to like shop,store etc. And is not real noisy . And does anybody knows what it cost to rent a car,or scooter by the month? Also are there places to fish there? Any info. would be of help.Thank you

Nimmanhaeminda Road and the surrounding area is nice. Not too far from the Kad Suan Kaew Shopping Complex either.

I just found this apartment on Mr Roomfinder check out the website to give you an idea of what else is available.

I think it's possible to rent a bike for about 2,000 a month. I have a feeling this is what a friend of mine was paying but can't be 100% sure (I always had my own bike).

Fishing is not my thing, but I did often go to a lake just out of the City, called Huay Tung Tao

Again, I can't be 100% sure, but I think you are allowed to fish there.

There's some photos in the link to give you some idea what it's like.

Depends on what you are looking for in size and amenities and specifics in location. If you have a motorbike, location won't matter quite as much as everything is about 5-10mins by bike. Older semi-auto bikes go for about 2500B and nicer full auto scooter go anywhere up to 4000B. Longer term rentals will generally get better prices.

Rooms range from really small dorm rooms with fan-only from 2000B - to very swanky high-rise condos for upwards 30,000B. Best bet is to come out here and get an idea of what you want before you sign a lease somewhere.

Fishing is great here, as long as you're talking about freshwater fishing. Lots of stocked ponds, and natural waters around to test out.