Road Conditions

Rooo

This blog post shows my travels from Samui to Donsak, two days ago and how the roads between the ferry and the main highway to Surat were flooded and how just about managed to reach Surat that day.

The ferries are momentarily cancelled since you can't get out or to Donsak and my 'escape' route must be flooded now as well.

From Songkla along the coast road to NST all is well. It is only when you get near to NST that there is water everywhere and the road is flooded in places. The road from Khanom to the ferry terminal is very flooded in parts and the ferries were not running yesterday and today isn't looking any better either.

As of now it is still blowing a hooliy and the aves are crashing up the beach. Some poor Thai has also lost his longtail as that is also getting smashed to pieces on the beach.

Tried calling Raja but no answer :blink:

I hear Samui is a little bit wet as well. :huh:

Just spoken to Crusty and the water is up to the steps of his reception which it has never reached before. Chawang beach road is impassable as well. At least here I have electric and internet which is both out at home so maybe another night or two here won't be such a bad thing ;)

Forgot to mention that a plane tried to land at Samui yesterday but was diverted to Surat, then NST and in the end was diverted back to BKK so not much travel going on down South at the moment.

You do have to feel sorry for those here on holiday though :(

It seems the 44 is closed, a bridge apparently has collapsed.

Not sure about the old road but Phun Phin should have 4 meters deep water and that's where the old road finishes!

I would appreciated any info an how to get from Phuket/Krabi to Surat.