Overstay & Flood... ?

You can always try to get an extension, but their doesn't seem to be official policy regarding this (yet).

On a non-Immigrant visa entry one can not get an extension, but they can give you 7 days under consideration. Normally you would need proof of trvael out of the country within those 7 days. If you are on a non-O based on having Thai wife/kid you can get a 60 day extension.

Are all ferries allday cancelled?, what about flights?.surely there must be a way off to cross a border somewhere.......its not the Thai immigrations fault there is bad weather, so even a flight to Sing or HK must be possible..........or are you saying you dont want to pay anymore than the cheap 2k border run.........

or are you saying you dont want to pay anymore than the cheap 2k border run.........

That's exactly what I wanted to say ! Thank God you've found the right words for me.

Anyway I won't take any flight with such a weather. Seriously.

You can always try to get an extension, but their doesn't seem to be official policy regarding this (yet).

On a non-Immigrant visa entry one can not get an extension, but they can give you 7 days under consideration. Normally you would need proof of trvael out of the country within those 7 days. If you are on a non-O based on having Thai wife/kid you can get a 60 day extension.

I'm on my 1st entry of my Non O. I got the visa from hull and is based on married to

thai with child. I don't think I'm going to be able to leave before I am meant to, so can

I still go to immigration and get a 60 days extension?

Do I take copy of marriage/birth certs along with 2 passport photos ect?

Thanks for your help.

Hi

Just called immigration and they said they would only give me 7 days. I explained

teh visa was based on marriage/child, but still just 7 days?

Suspect they misunderstood. They will provide under police order 777/2551 para 2.22 but you both will have to appear with proof of marriage and her ID documents as well as yours as this is a valid extension of stay. The 7 days is for anyone not able to meet extension of stay requirements.

The reason for your 60 day extension is to visit Thai wife.

The Op could always try local immigration and ask for a emergency 7 day extension.

That would be at their discretion. They work there and know the conditions better than anyone else that could possibly help you elsewhere.

Edited by TacoBoy

The Op could always try local immigration and ask for a emergency 7 day extension.

That would be at their discretion. They work there and know the conditions better than anyone else that could possibly help you elsewhere.

Yes I phoned the local immigration, that was their answer. I will

go there and speek face to face. Thanks

Well, as I've opened this one, I might close it by the following :

Finally I've been exempted of paying any overstay fees as Sadao :)

"The head office of the Thai Immigration Bureau just sent us the following message:

Any person that overstay their visa period between 27th March to 1st of April will be exemt from usual penalty charges due to the extreme weather conditions.

Ferry passengers from Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao with tickets between 27th March and 1st of April must keep their tickets to show to immigration departure to be exempt from overstay charges.

Stay safe."

:)